We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead Facilities Planning for our growing organization. While the role is based in Poway, CA, it could require working on projects in other geographic areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the planning, reconfiguration, and design direction of TI projects, move projects, equipment installations, and other facilities in accordance with the business objectives of the organization.
- Acts as the primary point of contact with Facilities on behalf of assigned business groups to ensure that the facilities planning project is completed. Represents the ASI /customer as a primary point of contact with Facilities to ensure for business and strategic planning for the business group/s.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel, and coordinates with various consultants and contractors as well as internal organizations. Become embedded and intimately familiar with the Enterprise business organizations; their business objectives, product lines and overall business requirements to understand their mission, vision, and business strategies to develop a 3-5 year Facilities Strategic Plan.
- Coordinates Facilities Planning activities related to the business organization's requests to ensure that the plans are communicated, the schedules align with the business' needs, and are in-line with business objectives.
- Schedules, maintains, and attends regular meetings and communications with the P&L, Functional, and Business Support organizations to review business initiatives, real estate needs, contract requirements, long term strategies, staffing, and Facilities requirements.
- Reviews and understands costs and schedules related to Facility planning including occupancy rates, real estate lease rates, construction ROMs, and other Facility infrastructure costs as it relates to strategic/master planning for the organization.
- Responsibilities involve the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance. Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Partners with and involves Facilities departments and other support organizations to create plans, develop ROMs, establish time tables/project schedules, develop and deliver comprehensive proposals to the customer.
- Develops and presents formal executive level presentations to internal customers/senior executives as required utilizing a variety of software and media.
- Identifies, analyzes and interprets data and situations. Responds to and resolves issues of a complex nature.
- Oversees completion of appropriate documentation and ensures documentation is updated, reported and filed.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of Facility Master planning theories, concepts and principles and have experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts, as well as knowledge of building codes, construction, real estate, and space planning.
- Must have detailed knowledge of Industry Construction Standards and best practices.
- Must possess leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess:
(1) a valid California driver's license with a good driving record verified by the DMV;
(2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems;
(3) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings;
(4) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide, negotiate and resolve conflicts for all levels of employees, including management and senior external parties; (5) the ability to contribute to the development of new processes or systems and communicate new concepts;
(6) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects; and
(7) excellent computer skills.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.