This position is the key liaison with an enterprise wide view for all business owners in order to manage the deployment of any initiative or project into any type of location. Will coordinate and own scope, schedule and budget for each initiative or project. Lead Continuous Improvement by utilizing lessons learned and root cause analysis to drive those improvements. Provide best in class communication and service to business owner/requestor while balancing large volumes of projects concurrently in various stages of development or execution.
- Acts as the key resource and liaison between business owners during the deployment of any corporate led initiative or project being deployed.
- Maintains and creates project schedules by working with the business owners and third party resources.
- Develops, manages issue resolution by conducting root cause analysis from those issues.
- Develops and implements execution strategies for single or multi location projects.
- Manages the cost and impact analysis process for any change and the details necessary.
- Proactively reviews potential dependencies and conflicts that may arise from concurrent projects and works with the program managers to resolve these issues prior to component or project initiation.
- Performs as the key liaison between support center teams and any type of location to ensure that the operation of that location is not unduly impacted by the project activities.
- Identifies risks and issues with project implementation compliance (timelines and other accountabilities) with appropriate department and/or location personnel as well as develops mitigation and course correction action plans.
- Utilizes enterprise wide business knowledge when working with business owners.
- Leads cross functional teams for various business and component launches.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of construction project management experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of construction project management experience.
- Knowledge of retail site reviews and space plans.
- Knowledge of architectural and MEP drawings.
- Experience in identifying issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Project (for example: establishing basic project information, adding tasks and subtasks, setting task dependencies and constraints, and tracking progress).
- Knowledge of Walgreen’s store (front end and /or pharmacy) systems, merchandising and facilities.
- Basic level skill in Visio 2003 or later (for example establishing a basic timeline with select milestones included and create a basic diagrams showing the flow and decision points).