Job Description Summary:
The Project Manager, Facilities is responsible to manage multiple aspects of the planning, budgeting design, renovation and installation activities for capital improvements for all PTC Facilities. This incumbent serves as a liaison between the users and the technical professionals to complete projects meeting the internal customers needs within budget and schedule constraints. He/She collaborates with the project team to translate business ideas and needs to detailed technical requirements and drawings as necessary to complete construction of improvements. He/she will need a working knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety requirements of work proposed and incorporate requirements into designs and implementation of work to maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
This position will work with internal departments and external resources including local municipalities, architects, engineers and contractors. The position will interface with the Facilities department to design new additions for future maintenance and office services requirements for on-going operations to ensure maintainability for the lifecycle of the project.
The Project Manager, Facilities will work to meet all requirements necessary for a regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing company working in a GxP environment.Job Description:
- Leading cross functional teams to develop project scope, budget, time line and obtaining necessary approvals for office, laboratory and pharmaceutical and biological manufacturing capital projects.
- Collaborating with Purchasing department on RFP development and contractor selection.
- Arranging expert consultation services required for projects such as architects, engineers, surveyors or furniture designers.
- Serving as point of contact between internal project teams and external consultants/contractors. Facilitating project meetings with appropriate internal and external stakeholders and keeping internal clients informed of project status, communicating any issues which impact project delivery.
- Oversee work of architects, engineers, contractors and other external service providers by selecting appropriate consultants specific to the needs of the projects, reviewing service proposals contracts and negotiating pricing and managing performance under the contract.
- Ensuring adherence to company policies, procedures, safety guidelines and construction safety procedures.
- Interact with the landlord and obtain all approvals for project scope and activities.
- Interact with state and local governmental agencies to obtain approvals for all work necessary to complete projects.
- Coordinate with Facilities Departments to ensure completed project will meet departmental needs for ongoing operations for maintenance, lab services, office services and safety. Take into account the entire life cycle of the project from design through implementation.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
* Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field plus five (5) years of related experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment.
* Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required.
- Demonstrated understanding o/or working with GxP validated systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including MS Project).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
*Special knowledge or skills and/or licenses or certificates preferred.
• Advanced (MS/MA) degree
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
* Travel requirements
10 - 20%
Work is generally performed in both an office and field environment with incumbent required to traverse construction sites.