Project Manager - FacilitiesConstruction
Job Description Summary
Provides professional project managementexperience on designated projects and assignments for a client property, campus, andfacilities. Interacts with client representative’s onsite, receives direction and coordinates with the property or facility management team.
Monitors and coordinates the execution of the various services andprocesses relating to clientcontracted agreements for project management including capital improvements, physical plant andinfrastructure upgrades, equipmentrelocations/installations, maintenance and repair work. Works in collaboration with the assigned account manager, building or facility management team, clients, and owners.
Requires a working knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical systems as well as a strong understanding of Civil and Structural engineering principles. Must have competency in facility maintenance programs, preventative and predictive maintenance practices and energy management.
The position will include aspects of facility andmechanicaldesign, analysis, and project management. This position represents the client’s best interest at all times and requires a good understanding of our clients business and operational needs.
- Provides Mechanical/Electrical engineering support for manufacturing processes and equipment within the manufacturing facility by designing, specifying, purchasing and constructing mechanical systems and components. Provide hands-on involvement with equipment and processes by being available to the operators and maintenance personnel and gaining intimate knowledge of processes. Provide technical expertise in the maintenance, modification and installation of equipment and machinery in the manufacturing process.
- Prepares agendas, develops and maintains scope, business requirements, performance specifications, procurement strategy, safety plan, masterproject budgets and timelines as requiredfor each project and project phase to ensure overall project objectives and client needs are met. Keeps building management apprised of progress at all times.
- Prepares and coordinates project reports and drawing reviews for clients, property/facility management team, and project team (as applicable) at conceptual, schematic, design development and constructionphases of project.
- Assists in the selection and contracting process of consultants and constructionteams as necessary for each project.
- Ensures all project are implemented in accordance with the design and responds timely to questions related to field conditions. Conducts job pre-assessment to determine existing field conditions and to review all job safety expectations with contractors. Ensures all work is done in a safe manner and that customer and vendor welfare is addressed at all stages. Monitors progress against the schedule and takes corrective action where necessary. Works with all parties to ensure prompt and accurate information is provided to all parties.
- Ensures all punch list work is completed in a timely manner and that it does not interfere with the client’s ability to occupy the space. Ensures all commissioning is completed including receiving of O&M manuals, reviewing for accuracy and compliance and making sure all necessary training is received by building operations and maintenance staff on critical equipment. Confirm all final documents, warranties, and as-built drawings are properly received and project closes out in accordance with all client requirements and procedures.
- Reviews requisitions, change orders and other invoices associated with the project and confer with client and property management on costs and impacts.
- Observes all corporate, building, and client/owner policies and procedures Maintains high qualitative and quantitativestandards of work performance.
- Strives constantly to improve skill and work knowledge; keeps up to datein the field of specialization.
- Cooperates with other building/facility personnel to achieve goals and objectives as to quality, service, cost and profit.
- Reports to immediate supervisor major problems and findings and results achieved with recommendations.
- Advises and obtains the necessary approvals from the appropriate members of management of potential organizational changes, actions that might require additional commitments, and the need for expenditures in excess of approved budget.
- Adheres to government laws and regulations and established rulings of government authorities including building codes, safety regulations, etc.
- Carries out responsibilitiesin a professional, courteous manner at all times
Additional Job Description
B.S. Degree in Engineering or Architecture required. Professional license preferredMinimum of five (5) years directly related experienceinfacilities management within a manufacturing environment, Experience in engineering/constructionproject management for a minimum of seven (7) years Equivalent combination of experiencein an advisory and/or engineering supervisory capacity required. Hands-on experiencewith tenant/capital improvement constructionprojects preferred;
ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand constructionspecifications and documents. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project), AutoCad and Smartsheets software. Excellent client relations, client management, and consultation skills required. Proven leadership ability, administrative ability, technical background and project responsibility experiencerequired.