JOB DESCRIPTION – Project Manager, Environmental Services
Ranked 76th on ENR’s 2017 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
RK&K has an immediate opportunity for a result-driven Project Manager in the Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Services group supporting RK&K’s public and private sector client needs throughout our operations. This person will operate from our King of Prussia, Pennsylvania office. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of various environmental due diligence, permitting, compliance, and waste management services independent of or supporting a variety of dynamic projects. We seek a candidate with proven project management experience with oversight responsibility of work by others. The ideal candidate is highly communicative, able to develop creative technical solutions, takes initiative, understands client management requirements, possesses excellent technical writing skills, and has strong proposal and budget development and project management experience. This position will include leading and/or working as part of a multi-discipline team.
The Environmental Services Project Manager position will direct/lead tasks or work in a multi-discipline team supporting public and private-sector clients requiring environmental due diligence, permitting, contaminant investigation and cleanup, assessment, and compliance services. Skillset and abilities required include:
- Direct, lead and implement concurrent environmental services projects/tasks
- Document field investigations for a variety of media sampling
- Direction and management of subcontractors
- Assess and interpret data, and analyze and report on environmental conditions and potential impacts
- Develop project budgets and track various metrics
- Participate in client and public meetings
- Assist in managing staff
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Geology Earth Science
- Professional license or certification
- 10 to 15 years of environmental services experience
- Experience Microsoft Office software
- Possess a working knowledge of the OSHA HAZWOPER related requirements, Federal and state (PA/neighboring states) environmental regulations
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Experience with client coordination and communications
- Experience with the development of work scopes, price proposals and project correspondence
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in engineering, geology, safety or related discipline is desirable, but not required
- Ability to interact appropriate with regulatory personnel and clients for routine tasks
- License, professional registration, and/or certifications such as PG, CHMM, Environmental Professional
- AutoCAD, GIS and spreadsheet software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has excellent potential for career advancement. We proudly offer an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401-k plan with company matching. For more information visit our website at http://rkk.com/Opens a New Window.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.