As a Project Manager in Impact and Environmental Studies with WSP , you will have many opportunities to showcase your expertise and coordination skills to carry out services in this area, whether they are carried out within the framework of specific mandates in environmental impact assessment, in an integrated expertise with professionals from other WSP departments, or as part of multidisciplinary mandates in engineering and environment. You will be mentored by our managers and will work closely with other professionals to advance your career.
A typical week at work:
- Plan, coordinate and carry out mandates that may cover both environmental impact studies, other forms of environmental assessments, processes for obtaining environmental permits and authorizations, monitoring work and environmental monitoring and / or the implementation of environmental management systems;
- Plan and coordinate field campaigns for the purpose of inventories or characterizations of the biological, physical and human environments;
- Ensure the integration of the chapters and sector reports constituting the environmental studies, complete the drafting if necessary, revise any cartographic document and supervise the editing;
- Participate in the preparation of service offers;
- Support project directors and project assistants and in carrying out mandates;
- Participate in the planning and organization of projects:
- Participate in work and follow-up meetings with other members of the WSP team to ensure the progress of projects;
- Provide regular technical support to project managers for the purpose of problem solving;
- Support our clients according to their needs in the information, public consultation and social acceptability procedures related to their projects;
- Ensure continuous communication with our customers and our teams to be able to promptly adjust the work to be done, the expected deliverables and the budgets required to complete the requested work;
- Ensure that deliverables, including service offers, are produced according to quality standards and on time;
- Make budget follow-ups.
We would like to know more about you, if you have ...
- University degree related to the field of the environment;
- Intermediate level of experience in the field of impact and environmental assessment, i.e. more than 5 years of experience;
- Good knowledge of Canadian and Quebec environmental regulatory frameworks, as well as of the authorities involved in the application of these frameworks;
- Experience in consulting engineering on infrastructure projects;
- Participation in projects carried out in public-private partnership or design-build modes is an asset;
- Significant interest demonstrated in teamwork and innovative approaches in a multidisciplinary context;
- Bilingualism (French and English). Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec is considered an asset;
- ASP Construction card is considered an asset.