Project Manager - Environmental Consulting
8 - 10 years experience • Energy & Environmental Services
Project Manager - Environmental Consulting - RT
Hauppauge, New York 11788
Built on an entrepreneurial spirit over 30 years ago. Privately held, which helps us stay flexible and nimble to respond to the needs of our industry. Over 500 employees strong, with30 offices locations - 3 in the Caribbean.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees a portfolio of diverse environmental projects (industrial and retail petroleum) and supervises technical staff.
- Manages client interaction and financial and resource allocation.
- Provides senior project oversight and expert technical input on complex projects.
- Reviews and approves project related documents and deliverables.
- Evaluates subsurface characteristics for remediation projects, remedial system design, and regulatory negotiations.
- Conducts performance reviews and project team meetings to review current and future projects, discuss project and/or employee issues, and staff workloads.
- Has experience developing a remedial approach for contamination at retail petroleum and industrial project sites. Must be able to oversee the financial aspects of the successful execution of these projects, as well as resource allocation. Must be personable, and able to work well with, and motivate, employees. Must enjoy working in a small office environment with a family feel. Due to the leadership elements of this role, we would like to find a candidate that is not interested in a remote working environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1. Remediation for retail petroleum and/ or industrial project sites.
2. A Bachelor's degree or higher in geology, environmental science, engineering or a similar scientific major.
3. 8-10+ years of related experience. Experience should include: investigation, reporting, remediation, and management of retail petroleum and/ or industrial work or handling large volumes of a similar type work.
4. Experiencewith Underground Storage Tanks (UST & LUST) and working knowledge of New Yorks environmental regulations are required.
5. Phase I/Phase II, report writing, client interaction, and supervisionexperience is a must.
6. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage 20-40 environmental projects concurrently.
7. Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate that they have been able to maintain an account for an extended period of time as a result of client satisfaction.
8. Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills.
9. Professional certification a plus.
10. Drug/Alcohol Screening and a Background Check are required.
11. Must be a Project Geologist.
12. Present Salary?
13. Salary Expectation?
14. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
15. Current Address?