The Project Manager will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic business plan for business development efforts to expand into the local market and manage engineering projects from start to finish.
- Responsibilities include all aspects of client relationship development and project execution including proposal development and presentation, management of project resources, project budgets and forecasting, schedule management, project engineering, integration, installation, start-up, and project closure.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Requires outstanding engineering and project skills including machinery applications, computer skills, and excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Successful Design Group Project Managers have leadership skills and experience with a drive to grow and expand local and regional clients.
- Contractor management skills are also a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills - verbally and written.
- Experience developing all required project documentation.
- The position will also involve business development, office management, and significant customer interaction.
- This position will lead a multi-discipline cross-functional project team and therefore requires an individual who is task/results oriented with strong leadership skills and a commitment to deliver against project business, technical, schedule and budget goals.
- This position must communicate effectively with Clients, Vendors, Contractors and other Design Group employees at all levels of responsibility.
- Minimum 8– 10 years of industrial project engineering and project management experience involving automated manufacturing systems as well as related facility and infrastructure improvements, preferably in the food, beverage, or life sciences industries.
- Overnight travel will be required in customer development activities, installation and start-up support, Design Group management meetings, company-sponsored training, and industry related seminars, forums or conventions, etc.
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline is preferred but consideration will be given to technical engineering degrees based on actual and directly related career experience.
- Candidates who work in and are familiar with the local market are preferred, but relocation assistance may be provided for uniquely qualified individuals.