- BS/MS in engineering field
- 2+ years of project management experiences in early stage tech startup
- Strong communication and documentation
Roles and responsibilities:
- Organize bugs, feature requests and customer feedback, to help engineering team better understand product quality and priority.
- Organize and manage complex projects that involves multiple teams and tight deadlines, to help engineering team coordinate resource, stay focused and execute efficiently.
- Organize and manage external engineering contractor/vendor in terms of SOW, deliverables, invoice and payment.
- Help implement high-level engineering process/efficiency improvement, including JIRA workflow setup, customer service desk setup, hiring portal setup, etc.
Nice to have:
- Software/hardware engineering experience
- Robotics/HRI experience
- Manufacturing experience
- UI/UX experience
- Fluent Chinese/Japanese/Korean
About the job
You will be responsible for organizing and managing various engineering projects in a dynamic and fast-pace culture. We are building an ambitious product that involves R&D in different engineering fields, therefore there's a lot of cross-functional team collaboration and tight project deadlines. You are expected to learn and understand the interdependency of various engineering tasks, and help engineers plan better, keep track of progress, and ship high-quality product in time. You are expected to be highly organized and communicative, to help engineering team navigate constant overflow of bug reports and feature requirements, as well as to help executives understand the high-level resource, risk and efficiency.
- Our company was founded in 2017. Bear has developed a self-driving robot that shuttles food from a kitchen in a restaurant/dining hall out to customer tables, and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
- A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to robotics and AI in the hospitality sector. We have deployed robots with several global enterprise customers, and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
- We are ~70 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality. This means occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box. But, we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate our collective success.
- We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.