AD&M is looking for a Project Manager Engineer - Machining with expertise in machining operations to join our Manufacturing Development team. This project manager will be responsible for footprint changes to machining operations within AD&M and for moving machining operations from one supplier to a strategic supplier. This position will work closely with purchasing, product engineering, product management, quality, and operations on the transfer and migrations of components that are machined. This individual will be the expert within AD&M on machining operations and will work closely with suppliers and internal customers.
The Project Manager Engineer - Machining is the leader of these transfers and is responsible for all aspects of the project. They will utilize a gate process to execute these projects. The Project Manger is responsible to ensure all key metrics are measured and met. They will be responsible to manage all aspects of the timeline, the project team, financial metrics, and provide necessary updates to the management team.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Lead Simultaneous Engineering teams comprised of purchasing, product engineering, product management, quality, and operational resources.
- Work with purchasing to execute supplier exits that are related to machining
- Work with the footprint management team on movement of machining related processes
- Work with purchasing, engineers and operational resources around the global
- Manage project budget, track project expenses, and manage project timelines
- Execute required customer and MIL SPEC qualification testing
- Become the expert and go-to person for machining related projects and questions within AD&M
- Conduct machining supplier audits and ensure suppliers are meetings all engineering and quality requirements
- Work with our strategic machining suppliers on a daily basis
- Track project performance metrics such as actual manufacturing costs, tooling efficiencies and quality measures
- Create and maintain project documentation including timelines, action item listings and status reports
- Lead manufacturing process improvements and innovations using new technologies
- Due to ITAR regulations, US citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Residency (green card) is required to apply for this position.
- BS degree in Engineering or Project Management is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with machining operations
- Experience in project management or leading team members is required
- Good working knowledge and experience with connector manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective project leadership within a cross-functional team
- Demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and budgets
- Strong interpersonal & negotiating skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside of the organization including customers
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- GB or BB in Six Sigma process preferred, LEANexperience is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple project and changing priorities daily
- PC proficient, including Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point, and MRP systems
- Ability to travel globally as required