Job ID 2018-2065
Being part of the solution. Lifelong learning. Contributing to complex projects that address some of the most significant challenges facing society. This is where we thrive. Now it’s your turn.
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. is a leading US-based multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm that plans, designs, and delivers high performance engineered systems for technically complex buildings and utility infrastructure projects. Nationally and internationally, AEI specializes in the healthcare, research, energy production and distribution, higher education, industrial, mission critical, and high-performance design markets. Building Design+Construction magazine ranks AEI in the top ten of US engineering firms overall, and in the top ten of healthcare, university, science and technology, and Federal government engineers. AEI has received 13 R&D Magazine Lab of the Year awards.
Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valued part of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid time off and holidays
As a Project Manager for our Energy and Utilities market group, you will be responsible for securing and executing projects and ensuring client satisfaction by bringing appropriate professional practices and resources to the project to address client needs and expectations.
- Negotiates project scope, schedule and fees with clients on behalf of AEI and administers the terms, conditions, and provisions of AEI’s service contracts with owners, architects, and AEI’s sub-consultants.
- Responsible for developing, communicating, and monitoring fee, deliverables, schedules and budgets to the Project Team.
- Initiates discussions with owner and AEI’s sub-consultants on project issues and supports the design team on behalf of multiple disciplines.
- Holds primary responsibility for client satisfaction including conformance with criteria and successful completion.
- Leads the team, and as appropriate the whole project, in professional practices. Monitors all professional practices for excellence with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Holds primary responsibility for being the project technical lead and point of contact.
- Manages and coordinates project presentation materials and makes presentations.
- Determines new business and repeat marketing potential with the client, actively pursuing relevant opportunities for AEI in conjunction with AEI marketing team.
- Other similar and/or related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, electrical or architectural engineering (or another engineering discipline) from an accredited program.
- 5+ years of experience in a consulting environment focusing on energy and utility (E&U) systems and providing project leadership across mechanical, electrical, and piping/pluming disciplines (MEP).
- Full grasp of professional practices from project initiation to close out including dispute resolution and other legal concerns.
- Understanding of applicable design codes, design standards and specification requirements, and ability to interpret them.
- Professional Engineering license (PE) in one or more states strongly preferred.
- Experience in combining personal judgment with a variety of technical data and information to establish concepts and design criteria, assists in development of the Basis of Design (BOD), and evaluate system calculations and design options.
- Fundamental knowledge of energy and utility systems across disciplines. Recognized expertise in at least one core competencies germane to the projects being managed.
- Chiller plants, boiler plants, cogeneration plants, utility and distribution systems, etc.