Job Description Summary
Provides professional project managementexperience to designated projects and assignments at a client property, campus, and multiple, geographically spread out facilities. Interacts with client representative’s onsite, receives direction and coordinates with the property or facility management team. Monitors and coordinates the execution of the various services and processes relating to clientcontracted agreements for project management and tenant improvements. Works in collaboration with the assigned account manager, building or facility management team, clients, owners, andothers. Over80%traveltime anticipated.
- Prepares agendas, develops and maintains master project budgets and timelines as required for each project and project phase to ensure overall project objectives and client needs are met. Keeps building management apprised of progress at all times.
- Prepares and coordinates project reports and drawing reviews for clients, property/facility management team, and project team (as applicable) at conceptual, schematic, design development and construction phases of project. Prepares project scope and construction bid documentation; provides project cost estimates as required.
- Research and evaluate energy project options, present recommendations, and implement programs for reducing energy usage, related to building system upgrades and conservation maximization programs, and their related costs, for all properties as assigned, in support of clients overall business objectives.
- Analyze projects in relation to total life cost and available incentive programs and prepare proposals for presentation to our client.
- Become familiar with the full range of energy and sustainability incentive programs available; prepare and submit applications as appropriate.
- Plan and deliver capital energy projects; oversee vendors, contractors, and design professionals in the implementation of energy construction projects.
- Work with facilities managers and engineers to ensure all equipment and systems are maintained to the highest level of efficiency practical, to provide optimal environmental conditions within the facility for the minimum expenditure of energy.
- Attend Cushman & Wakefield staff and management meetings and client's project meetings. Attend and participate in bi-weekly management conference calls and monthly critical operations conference calls in addition to weekly energy projects progress meetings.
- Assists in the selection and contracting process of consultants and construction teams as necessary for each project.
- Reviews requisitions, change orders and other invoices associated with the project and confers with client and property management on costs and impacts.
- Support the marketing of services to clients as requested.
- Observes corporate, building, and client/owner policies and procedures.
- Maintains high qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance.
- Strives constantly to improve skill and work knowledge; keeps up to date in the field of specialization.
- Cooperates with other building/facility and operations/engineering personnel to achieve goals and objectives as to quality, service, cost and profit.
- Reports to immediate supervisor major problems and findings and results achieved with recommendations; provides periodic project status updates, including monthly project spend forecasts.
- Advises and obtains the necessary approvals from the appropriate members of management of potential organizational changes, actions that might require additional commitments, and the need for expenditures in excess of approved budget.
- Adheres to government laws and regulations and established rulings of government authorities including building codes, safety regulations, etc.
- Carries out responsibilities in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Attend classes annually related to position to improve knowledge and skills.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or Architecture or related construction management discipline required.
- Minimum of five (5) years directly related to mechanical, lighting retrofits and energy efficiency projects experiencerequired in an engineering/construction project accountability role, or a minimum of seven (7) years equivalent combination of experience in an advisory and/or engineering supervisory capacity required.
- Hands-on experience with building mechanical/electricalinfrastructure and energy efficiency projects required; ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects spread across wide geographical/interstate areas, ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints; proficiency in reviewing and taking appropriate review action on equipment manufacturer technical submittals. Knowledge of energy efficiency measures and initiatives, and local utility companies’ energy efficiency incentive rebate programs.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of all mechanical and control systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing systems, UPS, emergency generator, and related systems.
- Familiarity with demand response/curtailment,EPA Energy Star for buildings, and LEED Green Building certification programs.
- Excellent client relations, client management, and consultation skills required.
- Proven leadership ability, administrative ability, technical background and project responsibility experiencerequired.
- Highly organized and skilled with time management.
- Superior oral and written communication skills required.
- Software competency: Microsoft Project and Excel