Vanir Construction Management, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager (Energy Marshal) to join the team.
This role will provide Project Management services as a client representative who oversees and assures General Contractors and supplemental vendor support comply with the overall Energy Isolation Program Management on the data center campus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Project Manager (Energy Marshal) is an assurance role that helps ensure the vendors’ and contractors’ Energy Isolation Program meets or exceeds any client safety policy requirements and is stood up by the Authorizing Energy Marshal.
- Utilize SPS-101 Energy Isolation SPS and SPS-101 Energy Isolation Guidebook as the baseline and foundation of the Energy Isolation Program that is implemented throughout the campus and project.
- Establishes and manages an Energy Isolation assurance process and works with site teams to close any gaps identified in assurance audits.
- Participate in High Risk Activity (HRA) planning meetings associated with Energy Isolation.
- Ensures approval process for proposed Energy Isolation procedures is in place.
- Work with the Authorizing Energy Marshal to establish an Energy Isolation Permit process.
- Ensures SoWs, MOPs, and Scripts are reviewed, and all sources of energy are identified.
- Helps determine if a group or individual LOTO will be required. Establishes with the Authorizing Energy Marshal a centralized LOTO with all site entities.
- Ensures process is established that verifies qualifications, training, and PPE of personnel performing the work.
- Delegates alternates that are qualified to assume role during multi-shift and peak energization time frames.
- Liaising client operations where energy isolation activities may potentially impact operating datacenter core operations.
- Acts in coordination with the Authorizing Energy Marshal as a subject matter expert in all Energy Isolation incident investigations in area of responsibility.
- Serves as an independent authority for stopping all unsafe work practices regarding Energy Isolation.
- Degree in Engineering is preferred
- 10 years of experience within the areas of electrical and mechanical is required
- Must have senior level experience in electrical systems installation, with an emphasis in team and project oversight
- Must be able to follow and implement operating procedures
- Must have experience with adhering to construction schedules, vendor interactions, and contract documentation
- Experience with Data Center electrical and mechanical energy isolation
- Experience in Data Center construction and commissioning standards and practices is required
- Proven ability to interact with teams and implement improvements
- Good ability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions and concepts to engineers and non-engineers
- Ability to audit site practices against written standards as part of assurance role
- Strong ability to interpret line drawings and system redundancies to ensure design of LOTO systems is 100% effective and in compliance with client standards
- Familiar with multiple sources of energy in datacenters, with emphasis placed on electrical
- 70E NFPA certification
- Understanding ASTM requirements
- Ability to write MOPs for energy isolation
- Experience in controlling and executing the MOPs