Job ID 2017-1849
Being part of the solution. Lifelong learning. Contributing to complex projects that address some of the most significant challenges facing society. This is where we thrive. Now it’s your turn.
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. is a leading US-based multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm that plans, designs, and delivers high performance engineered systems for technically complex buildings and utility infrastructure projects. Nationally and internationally, AEI specializes in the healthcare, research, energy production and distribution, higher education, industrial, mission critical, and high-performance design markets. Building Design+Construction magazine ranks AEI in the top ten of US engineering firms overall, and in the top ten of healthcare, university, science and technology, and Federal government engineers. AEI has received 13 R&D Magazine Lab of the Year awards.
Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valuedpart of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid time off and holidays
We are seeking a Mechanical or Electrical Project Manager-Energy and Utilities to join our Seattle, WA office. This position is involved with the design of central utility infrastructure and energy plants as well as renewable energy resources for large campuses and healthcare facilities. The Project Manager will provide overall project engineering leadership on Energy and Utilities projects, guide client communications, frequently lead a team of architectural/civil/structural/cost estimating subconsultants and develop and present innovative engineering solutions that are implemented in concert with the Owner and construction team..
- BSAE or BSME required.
- Professional engineering registration.
- 10+ years of experience designing central utility plants and engineering infrastructure systems for sophisticated facilities such as Healthcare or Higher Education.
- Demonstrated leadership on projects and with staff.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes.
- Proficient in computer operation for engineering design programs (i.e. Revit or AutoCAD).
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective working individually and within team environments.
- LEED Accreditation preferred