Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The qualified candidate will be an integral contributor to Emergent’s Project Management Offfice supporting the Commercial Manufacturing Organization Business Unit in performing project management activities. This will include communications within the team and with the customers; ensuring deliverables are completed on time and within budget, monitoring costs, scope, and schedule for the program. In addition, the incumbent will liaise with Process and Analytical Development, Manufacturing Sciences and Technology, Analytical Sciences and Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering and Facilities, and other key stakeholders to provide project management and subject matter expertise.
- Support the completion of relevant corporate and program goals for the assigned program(s).
- Planning/scheduling of the project activities in collaboration with subject matter experts
- Manage Project Financials including:
- Project budgets : planned vs actuals
- Invoice tracking : Emergent and outsourced services
- Manage of tech transfer, manufacturing and fill finish activities
- Preparation of monthly technical report and submission to the customer
- Manage communications within project team including:
- Coordinating and leading meetings
- Developing and issuing agendas
- Writing and issuing meeting minutes for internal and external meetings
- Track action items, risks, and project issues
- Prepare and manage project documents
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned. In addition, domestic and international travels to other EBS sites and external collaborators are required.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science, business, or business-related field.
- An advanced degree in science and/or business (e.g., M.Sc, M.B.A., Ph.D., etc.) is preferred.
- Certification in project management is required (i.e., PMP, CAPM, or equivalent).
- Five or more years of project managementexperience in a scientific field (microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related scientific disciplines) is required.
- Critical thinking and problem solving are preferred.
- Experience in technology transfer is preferred.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office software including Visio, Word, Excel, and Power Point are required.
- Experience using MS Project is preferred.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.