Elford, Inc. has openings for experienced Construction Project Managers! Experience on Multi-Family, Commercial, Retail, Education, and/or Healthcare projects is a plus! Come grow with us and put your talents to use where they will be appreciated and acknowledged!
Key responsibilities of the position are:
- Perform set-up and maintenance of all aspects of constructionproject management, which includes the planning, directing pre-award meetings, writing contracts, scheduling and budgeting necessary prior to the start of the project.
- Analyze and compare the contents of the plans and specifications for the project against the Design Manual.
- Lead the project team through the Phase and Approval process with Owners and design professionals.
- Manage the planning and scheduling functions, which provide for the development of an overall project schedule, the establishment of project milestone dates, and the development of project standards and/or regulations.
- Participate in the necessary expediting to ensure the proper and timely delivery of Shop Drawings and Submittals, requests for information, construction materials, labor requirements, change-order pricing and related approvals.
- Review and give approval when appropriate to contractor and material supplier invoices, company invoices, change order pricing information, project budgets and billing utilizing a standard cost code system.
- Coordinate activities with the Accounting and Estimating Departments and the company personnel assigned supervisory and/or support responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain the flow of information and positive working relationships with subcontractors, customers, material suppliers and otherinternal and external individuals having an interest in the success of the project.
- Participates in, directs the flow of, and prepares minutes on regular job meetings held with representatives of the Owner, subcontractors, architects and related individuals.
- Work with the Project Superintendent to ensure that the project is constructed and completed according to schedule and within quality expectations.
- Provide close-out documents, including warranties, guarantees, punch-lists and other related documents at project conclusion.
- Enter and maintain data for subcontractors and Purchase Orders in CMiC throughout the buyout/award process and on an as-needed basis and keep Superintendents informed of changes.
- Manage Elford’s financial responsibility to ensure profitability on the project.
- Provide leadership on all market activities (associations, conferences, relevant market relationships)
- As market sector contributors, assist in pursing related projects as requested.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or allied discipline. Prefer 5+ years’ experience in the construction industry as a project manager. PC literacy required. Experience with Primavera P6 is preferred.