Project Manager Elec. Eng. / Mfg ? Long Island City, NY
Position Purpose: Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, Integration and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL POSITION CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Participates in the generation of the System Requirements Document to define the
Performance, cost and schedule constraints of the engineering project.
2. Plans the engineering project and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
Defines tasks, milestones, critical paths, resource allocation, interdepartmental & other
Dependencies and budget estimates.
3. Works with department managers to assign project personnel and participates in generation
And review of technical studies, product design and test documents. Evaluates and approves
Design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
4. Experience with domestic and international regulatory bodies, medical device requirements,
Regulatory requirements related to risk analysis & mitigation is a plus.
5. Develops schedule recovery plans as needed to address project issues. The project manager
Is required to resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner.
6. Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards,
Regulatory agency standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
7. Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving
Engineering design and test problems both within internal departments and outside vendors
Associated with the project.
8. Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
9. Hold regular status meetings, keep management and the project team well informed and
Generate action lists. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required to clearly
Communicate plans, tasks, new actions, requirements, changes and risks.
10. Supports the transfer of design from Engineering to Manufacturing.
Takes necessary action to carry out the assigned responsibilities, consistent with sound
Management and cost-effective practices and position guidelines outlined. Schedules and
Prioritizes work to accommodate the project's needs while minimizing impact on current projects.
Coordinates activities within the project's engineering staff and the Sales and Marketing
Department, purchasing department, Manufacturing department, Quality Assurance department,
Outside vendors and regulatory agencies.
Periodic contact is required with customers within and outside the organization.
Bachelordegree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent related experience and/or training; Or
Equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired.
Minimum of three (3) years' experience related engineering experience.
Minimum of three (3) years' experience project scheduling and budgeting.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
With several abstract and concrete variables.