The home office location will be in Ventura, however this position will be required to travel throughout SCE's Northwest Division territory as needed. This position will be a Project Manager in the Distribution Project Management Organization within Southern California Edison (SCE)'s Distribution Business Line (DBL). The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Distribution Project Management NW Division and will be responsible for the overall project management of SCE's distribution projects within Distribution's Northwest Division, including the Rural Region. This position will manage SCE's Distribution capital projects and programs including IR Infrastructure, Public Safety, and Automation Circuit capital projects, including Underground cable, Worst Circuit Rehabilitation (WCR) , Cable in Conduit (CIC), Underground structures, Public Safety (OCP), New Capacitors, Oil Switches, Plant Betterment), Grid Modernization circuits), Grid Resiliency, and other capital projects.
- Project Management oversight and function direction for the project team and stakeholders throughout the project life-cycle including scoping and project initiation, planning and design, permit and easement acquisition, civil and electrical construction, and project close-out activities.
- Collaborate with internal project stakeholders and organizations, as well as external city/county/regulatory clients and customers to build and maintain positive relationships, remove roadblocks and resolve design, permitting and construction issues, and resolving easement and property issues.
- Evaluate potential projects identified by governmental agencies for compliance to Rule 20 tariff and qualification under Rule 20A including a Rough Order of Magnitude cost estimate.
- The successful completion of work to both project budget and schedule as well as DBL's operational targets, performance metrics and annual budget targets.
- Utilizing project controls in exercising budget and schedule management, forecasting, and performance monitoring such as variance analysis; maintaining schedules and project plans; identifying trends, forecasting costs-at-completion, and assess performance against budget targets.
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices; and performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Seven or more years of project management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in any of the following areas: engineering, construction, utilities, and/or substations.
- Project Management Certification.
- Experience in electrical distribution design, planning, or construction.
- Typically possesses five years of experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience with budgeting, project cost estimating, scheduling and planning.
- Experience creating project management plans that specify charter, scope, cost estimates, schedule, milestones and target dates, and risk management plans.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience tracking and reporting of project performance and closing out projects upon completion.
- Experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience making recommendations to senior leadership.
- Experience consulting with clients, including independently identifying client needs, developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- The primary work location for this position is Ventura, CA however, the successful candidate may be required to travel or attend meetings throughout the southern region of SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.