Overview COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services-from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance-with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors. Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry. Quality -
W e provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement. Accountability -
O ur actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect. Our People -
W e value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding. Our Clients -
We deliver value and exceed our clients' expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication. Innovation -
Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world. Meaningful Impact -
W e make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live. Responsibilities
This position will offer you the opportunity to manage project team(s) consisting of engineers, designers, estimators, controls and scheduling professionals involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing high voltage substations.
- You will work on challenging assignments from individual projects, large projects, major programs, to large scale engineering only, Engineer Procure and EPC projects.
- Direct the team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of electrical engineering work.
- Coordinate and manage work performed by other stakeholder on the project such as civil, structural, and transmission lines.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed with high quality, on time performance, and within budget.
- Identify and track potential out of scope work, develop and provide scope changes, and coordinate with the client for approval.
- Coordinate systems design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Collaborate with staff both locally and nationwide.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner, and meet client requirements and Sargent & Lundy formats.
- Perform reviews of work performed by others including but not limited to calculations, drawings, reports, material and construction specifications, procurement specifications.
- Communicating directly with clients, providing both project support and overall account support.
- Support the company in business development opportunities with existing and potential clients.
- Perform and provide independent reviews of work performed by others, including scopes of work, proposals, procurement specifications, and contract documents.
- Develop and mentor team members.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package. Qualifications We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BS preferably from an ABET-accredited program.
- Specific experience in Project Management of Utility Transmission, Substation or Energy Projects.
- Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEC, IEEE and ANSI.
- Seven or more years experience in the design engineering and/or management of high voltage utility type projects. Experience should include preparation, oversite or management of scopes of work, development of conceptual layouts, determination of design basis, the selection of equipment and materials, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications.
- Experience in execution of projects in multiple contract arrangements including EPC, Owners Engineer, Traditional or Joint Ventures a plus.
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support, engineer or management role.
- Excellent written and verbal communications a must. Experience in writing proposals.
- Experience in cost allocation and control, estimating, proposal preparation, risk assessment programs and techniques.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- An advanced management/business degree or certification is preferred.
- PE license.
- PMP Certification.
- Construction and start-up experience a plus.
- Commissioning experience a plus.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.