At Greene, Tweed, you'll find the cutting-edge technology, world-class polymer expertise and endless advancement opportunities you'd expect from a multi-national industry leader. You'll find them all in an environment that embraces diversity in people and opinions, moves decision making to the point of impact, and celebrates your success.
If you enjoy continuous learning and are excited about working with and creating technological solutions, explore career opportunities with Greene, Tweed.
We are currently searching for a Project Manager to be based in Kulpsville, PA.
The Project Manager will focus on and oversee all activities related to the development of new products in support of the Strategic Initiatives, New Product Development, New Technology Development, and Business Technology Roadmaps. This position will solicit required support for projects; operate as Project Manager and guide the direction of cross functional project teams in order to expedite the launch of new and differentiated products/technology into the market, managing projects of larger scope through the use of a staged development process. This position will support development activities across all four business units according to the prioritization of the corporate GT Elastomer Portfolio.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Run multiple elastomer development projects at the same time. Projects may include both material development and manufacturing capability development.
- Lead cross-functional teams on all project activities related to the development of new elastomeric products or technologies in support of the program-level business plans, expediting launch of products into the market.
- Ensures product specification align with customer product requirements. Escalates issues affecting technical development and/or commercial business case and with cross functional team identifies and implements solutions to project issues impacting schedule, budget & scope;
- Utilizes Stage Gate tools and processes including: Project Management Plan, GANTT chart, Resource Management Plan, Project FMEA/Risk Analysis, Process Mapping, SIPOC, Project Budget, and Business Case
- Coordinate activities to protect Greene, Tweed IP and investments. May include organizing work with patent attorneys and project team to generate data to support claims.
- Understands the business case for the project and how it links to decisions within the development process; actively manages the team to reach goals in alignment with profitability objectives
- Collaborate with the Marketing to understand and influence sales revenue, margins, and profitability of new product offerings.
- 7 + years experience; preferably in project management or other cross-functional role(s) in a materials engineering or related industry. Managing component development through integrated solution development preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to understand business strategy & project implications
- Detail orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate financial acumen
- BA/BS in business discipline or engineering required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or certification (PMP) preferred