Leading Web Services and E-Commerce company seeking a full-time Project Manager to complement our growing team in Madison, Wisconsin. Wisconsin Interactive Network, LLC, a Madison-based subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) helps Wisconsin government entities Web-enable their information services. Our electronic government solutions use technology to increase efficiency and reduce costs for governments and their constituents.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who thrives in a fast paced environment to join our team as a Project Manager. This position will oversee the management of new leading edge Web/mobile/e-commerce applications and services as they move from client concept to launch. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to workwith a team of highly versatile and talented project managers, developers and designers and at various levels of state government.
The best qualified candidates will have at least four years of real world project management experience. Familiarity withWeb applications and Internet technology, strong communication and writing skills are a must. A strong work ethic, a great attitude, and dedication to success are expected. Our team members are self-motivated professionals who enjoy thechallenge of implementing project management and business solutions in a high-pressure, client-services entrepreneurial environment.
Who we are:
Our growing Madison team is dynamic, energetic and brings a wealth of experience from NIC partners in other states as well as other companies. Our mission is to knock the socks off our Wisconsin clients as well as the citizens they serve. To do this we need a rock star Senior Project Manager to keep the hundreds of moving parts going full steam ahead in perfect unison.
People often say that Government should serve its constituents more like businesses serve their customers. At NIC, we make that ideal a reality by removing technology as a barrier and helping government engage with citizens in a meaningful way online twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
We are a premier provider of Internet-based, electronic government services that help government entities use theInternet to reduce costs and provide a higher level of service to businesses and citizens. We contract withgovernments and design, build and operate Internet-based portals on their behalf. We build websites, web and mobile applications for government portals allowing businesses and citizens to access information and complete transactions such as applying for permits or renewing licenses online. NIC’s unique business model allows us to reduce our government clients' financial and technology risks and obtain revenue by sharing in the fees generated by electronic services.
Our government clients benefit from a centralized, manageable, customer-focused presence on the Internet. Businesses and citizens benefit from faster, more convenient and cost-effective interactions with government.
• Responsible in whole or in part for creation of project proposals, defining project scope, establishing and documenting system requirements, system testing, and other related project management duties
• Ability to utilize business analysis skills to understand customer needs and project requirements
• Establish project milestones based on the design and scope of work
• Responsible for writing technical requirements and all aspects of project documentation
• Develop trusted relationships with our state government partners, at all levels of the project team from front-line customer service staff to department directors
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as necessary to ensure desired project progression
• Initiate, direct and lead project meetings, prepare reports, maintain schedules and cost plans, manage and control for risks, and all other aspects of the project from inception through delivery
• Execute necessary project management methodology to ensure project success
• Work within framework of strategic marketing plan and portal business plan
• Development of training plans and materials to ensure a smooth and successful implementation
• May assist the Director of Portal Operations with special projects related to the overall PMO team or portal operations
• Undergraduate degree in information systems, business, computer science or equivalent work experience in projectmanagement
• Project Management Professional (PMP) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification is ideal
• Minimum of four years’ experience in project management, with a preference for experience in implementing web-based applications
• Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, highly flexible and entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to understand and evaluate a variety of technologies and platforms
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle methodologies such as Agile for implementing web-basedapplications
• Ability to analyze business processes and develop a practical, usable and useful system to support them
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio
• Track record of delivering high quality projects on time and on budget to satisfied customers
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills including strong written and verbal abilities
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment to ensure timely follow-up and follow-through
• Must be self-motivated and proactive
Why work for us?
• Your work product will be used by thousands if not millions of people
• We offer the excitement of a start-up AND the benefits/support of a big company
• Your work will be recognized and win awards. (We won’t hire you unless we think you can because we like to win!) For example, 8 of the top 10 State websites are NIC’s. Our State websites are consistently recognized nationally as Best ofthe Web: http://www.centerdigitalgov.com/survey/88
• We encourage new ideas and different approaches to your work
• We provide excellent opportunities for career growth and professional development
• Competitive compensation program
• No-cost group medical/dental insurance
• Stock purchase plan
• Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
• Disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Company wellness program
• Casual and fun office environment
• Paid State holidays and vacation
• Tuition reimbursement