The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for owning and achieving interim and final contractual deliverables for assigned projects/programs, according to the time, quality/scope and cost constraints.
The PM leads and directs cross-functional teams, understands and manages client expectations/ needs to achieve client satisfaction. The PM proactively identifies, resolves/mitigates and escalates risks and/or issues. The PM adheres to PRA standard procedures and processes.
The senior PM may act as lead project manager in international projects. Consequently, the senior PM may provide oversight to other members of the project management group.
In Safety and Risk Management: The Safety Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for achieving successful delivery of Safety and Risk Management (SRM) activities on assigned Safety & Risk Management (SRM) stand alone projects, by meeting internal and external client requirements according to time, quality, scope, and budget constraints. Serves as a SRM representative during the business development process.
- Acts as primary liaison with client:
- Acts as lead contact for regional and or/project matters.
- Understands/manages/satisfies client contractual, organizational and relationship needs/expectations.
- Provides regular reporting on project metrics, status of deliverables and risks/issues with the associated management plan to client.
- Chairs and leads client meetings.
- Leads and directs cross-functional team leaders and third parties/vendors with some supervision and support:
- Contributes to development, maintenance and approval of project plans. Guides and supports team leads in prioritizing, trouble-shooting and contingency planning.
- Delegates whilst retaining ownership.
- Communicates project specific priorities.
- Liaises with functional leads/managers to optimize performance and utilization of project team members.
- Manages project contractual deliverables:
- Supervises progress via metrics.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to the contractual agreement (time, quality/scope, and cost deliverables).
- Leads presentation of internal project status reviews and is accountable for action item follow up.
- Proactively identifies, resolves/mitigates and escalates risks and/or issues.
- Manages project costs:
- Owns projections of units/hours (revenue and resources), actual units/hours efficiency analysis.
- Proactively and timely identifies, for assigned projects, ensuring out of scope activities are approved upfront via a contract modification.
- Identifies potential or actual unrecoverable hours and provides analysis and mitigation/resolution plan for senior management’s approval.
- Ensures control of financial risk to PRA.
- In cooperation with the project analyst, applies efficient management of project pass-through costs and investigators payments to ensure all such costs are recovered in a timely manner, and in advance where ever possible.
- Leads presentation of financial reviews and is accountable for action item follow up.
- Ensures adherence to company SOP, policies and guidelines at the project level.
- Assumes project leadership role in compliance at project level to PRA processes and systems including escalation to relevant functional and operational management.
- Participation and attendance in bid defense process.
- Provides feedback on project team member’s performance to respective line-managers.
- Minimum 3 years experience in clinical research, including a management role as a team lead or project manager experience.
- Reads, writes and speaks fluent English; fluent in language of host country.
- An undergraduate degree.
- An undergraduate degree with 5 years of experience in clinical research and at least 2 years as a functional team lead role or single service project management.
- Graduate degree with 3 years of experience in clinical research and at least 1 year as a functional team lead role or single service project management.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.