Eaton’s Engineering Services & Systems Division is seeking a Project Manager. The Project Manager will be based at either our Baton Rouge, LA or Houston, TX or Austin,TX facility.
Eaton’s Engineering Services & Systems Division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of filed services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The purpose of this position is to provide project management expertise in electrical, civil, structural and mechanical aspects of large turnkey construction projects. This position is to provide project management expertise to teams of designers, engineers, construction managers and contractors. The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management and execution of turnkey projects. The PM is charged with supporting thesales force, senior project managers and zone manager during the front end sales process to ensure a seamless transition from quote into execution.
- Have the knowledge, understanding, and experience necessary to execute turnkey projects
- Perform construction estimating and provide salessupport
- Contract and subcontract knowledge and experience
- Ability to implement project financial controls
- Responsibility for project profit, loss, and forecast
- Knowledge and skills to manage project scope changes
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Work with and manage design teams
- Improve subcontractor inefficiencies
- Manage subcontractor budgets
- Develop and manage subcontractor AIA forms
- Manage safe work environment and program which includes but not limited to job site safety analysis, rigging plans, environmental risk planning, job audits, confined space programs and lock and tag procedures.
- Create and maintain project QA/QC process
- Perform contingency planning expertise and knowledge
- Create, prioritize and maintain project action item list.
- Maintain accurate as-built documentation and punch-lists
- Maintain daily/weekly progress reports
- Perform document control functions
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings
- Obtain and maintain customer entrance requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5years of project management experience in the electrical field
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles will be considered.
- Electrical project management experience in the industrial/utility/oil &gas industry
- Professional Engineer qualification
- Working knowledge of NERC/FERC, NESC, NEC, ANSI, NETA
- Experience with Microsoft Project or Primavera Scheduling Software
- PMP certified
- General Contractor’s License
- Experience in complex, multi stakeholder/consortium project execution
- Electrical Contractor's License
Eaton is a power management company with 2016sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 045824