The Program Management Team at Duo is a multifaceted team dedicated to both excellence in software delivery and excellence as an organization. The two main roles of our department are Project Managers, who primarily drive successful completion of feature development, and Program Managers, who run all the programs that make the Engineering and Production Engineering teams an extraordinary place to work. We are a flexible group that will take on any project or initiative needed to make us successful.
This position is for a Project Manager, who is both a project manager and Scrum Master for two of our Engineering teams.
What you’ll do…
- Work with the Engineering teams as a Scrummaster and Project Manager to manage work and facilitate team activity.
- Bi-weekly Sprint Planning.
- Identify and manage inbound and outbound dependencies across the organization.
- Partner with the Engineering Managers to accomplish the goals of their teams. Keep track of and report status, escalate issues, and ensure effective collaboration between multiple groups.
- Help drive organizational change in a fast-growing company. We are always looking to improve the ways we work, and you’ll use your experience and ideas to instill best practices that make us more effective.
- Take on any challenge or task that can help your teams deliver high quality successful features. That might mean facilitating an offsite, speaking on the team’s behalf, or things we haven’t thought of yet! You’ll be flexible and able to adapt to the changing nature of our company.
Skills you have…
- Experience in a software development organization. SaaS experience is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical field is preferred, with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in technical project management.
- PMP Certification (or equivalent experience/knowledge) and Certified Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- You have experience with cross-team collaboration and demonstrated the ability to build relationships across teams.
- You take initiative to make positive, measurable changes in your organization. You are extremely organized with top-notch communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have the ability to quickly learn new things and take on new challenges. You’re flexible and a creative problem solver.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- This position will have a hand in shaping the way the team works and delivers software as we continue growing at a rapid pace.
- You’ll be asked to take on new and unknown challenges to support the team - if that interests you, this position may be a great fit
- You put people before process
This job may not be for you if...
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase company makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you’re uncomfortable leading, facilitating, and speaking in front of groups, this may not be a good fit