The Project Manager will serve as the primary point of contact on our client’s product development projects; coordinate project activities to ensure activities are completed on time and on budget; manage scope and communicate updates to the client; collaborate with functional departments and lead technical teams; and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Establish overall Project Plan/Scope, individual work plans for each phase of the project, and request resources from all the appropriate departments;
- Form project teams and begins the project initiation process; educates Clients on processes and documentation;
- Effectively lead the project team (Project Leadership); resolve any internal project team issues and coordinate decision making within the team;
- Ensure project team understand project objectives, deliverables, timelines and tasks and are committed to meet or exceed plan; resolve resource constraints with appropriate individual(s);
- Build relationships with customers through frequent communication throughout the project and by ensuring their needs are met;
- Generate and review project timelines and deliverables status and promptly modify schedules or plans as required, notify client and internal stakeholders;
- Establish and communicate major milestones both internally and externally; discuss with team when escalation is required based on progress against deliverables/milestones;
- Confer with project team to outline work plans and to assess duties and responsibilities throughout project duration;
- Manage internal conflicting resource demands with the objective of keeping the project on track; effectively work withinternal stakeholders to resolve any resource constraints;
- Facilitate regular team meetings with client and project team to review project activities and report status; communicate project challenges, scope changes, and timelines;
- Communicate out-of-scope activities to client and project team and how the activities will be addressed;
- Identify and track critical path/activities, risks, contingencies and alternatives; clearly communicate risks to client and/or key stakeholders;
- Utilize project management tools and templates; improve processes and coach team members;
- Provide technical advice (when appropriate) to project team and client; troubleshooting and direction as necessary;
- Lead business/project review meetings; support the client during onsite visits;
- Conduct project closeout and lesson learned meetings/activities;
- Identify project scope changes (vs original plan) for assessment by technical evaluation team; provide justification including additional resources / time;
- Cooperate with business functions on invoicing, revenue recognition, profitability, and other key financial metrics; provide financial forecast data to finance weekly for each assigned project;
- Supportsales & business development efforts; involvement with proposal generation as needed;
- Provide input and feedback to Management on individual team member’s performance.
- BS or MS in a scientific discipline or Engineering with a minimum of 5years working in a contract pharmaceutical development/manufacturing organization;
- Minimum of 3years’ experience in project leadership role leading multi-disciplinary project teams in a service business;
- Proven leadership skills with a customer service focus;
- Strong problem solving capabilities and strategic thinking;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; attention to detail.
- PMP Certification preferred.