D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atmore information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Project Manager for their Construction Department. The right candidate will supervise all field personnel that are assigned to a multi-unit project. Update reports and ensure quality control on site. Implement all company policies and procedures throughout the entire construction process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and direct the construction activities of the Superintendents, Project Coordinators, and other staff as assigned
- Manage the set-up of temporary project facilities and utilities
- Manage all project specific correspondence and documentation; including submittals, change requests, and daily field reports
- Manage project budget, review field purchase orders, and provide reporting
- Ensure that all work that is invoiced is fully acceptable to company specifications and is 100% complete
- Ensure that all homes in the construction area meet all safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations and are constructed to contract, specification, and detail
- Manage project turn-over to Customer Service, including the completion of punch-list items, and ensure that all walk-through forms are signed and completed for homeowner orientations and occupancy
- Maintain total involvement with the training, communication, and development of Superintendents and field personnel
- Handle escalated problems with subcontractors
- Walk site to determine construction status and ensure quality control
- Respond to unsatisfactory survey cards and NRS responses
- Manage project close-out and final documentation
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Able to travel overnight
Manages two or more subordinate supervisors in the Construction Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Five to seven years of related experience and/or training
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver's license
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email