$150K — $200K *
We are presently recruiting for a Project Manager who will be responsible to maintain overall responsability for managing project teams delivering annual project revenues of between $2.5M and $5.0M. This includes managing large, more complex projects, multiple or multi-site projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance.
The candidate will have demonstrated ability to:
• Carry overall management of Building Automation projects with the following criteria in mind: customer satisfaction, collaborating with the sales team to meet agreed upon profit objectives and meeting or exceeding project completion schedules.
• Proactively participate in pre-bid reviews and sales-to-operations turnover meetings, and contribute to the accuracy of the estimate and project layout.
• Maintain overall correspondence responsibility for projects.
• Maintain overall financial responsibility for projects including: revenue generation and forecasting, costs, billing and overall profitability while pro-actively seeking to 'value engineer' projects to ensure zero or positive deviation from agreed upon objectives.
• Prepare and maintain all change orders, request for information and pricing correspondence with client.
• Coordinate all field activities for project construction management by developing project plans, schedules, time lines, and costs to complete estimates.
• Coordinate with Vendors and Subcontractors to assure competitive cost, best schedule and delivery for all project-related equipment, supply installations and construction services.
• Manage Vendors and Subcontractors to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
• Build and manage a customer-focused project delivery team to ensure customer and project commitments are met while focusing on key deliverables to customers such as submittals and customer acceptance plans for every project.
• Engage with customer to enhance their experience with the Distech Controls Solutions through hands on instruction in the use of the system tools.
• Embrace a continuous improvement spirit to all aspects of running project delivery teams. Special attention is required to manage and develop project delivery staff and to work with other project managers to design optimal project delivery systems and methodologies.
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• Ability to meet or exceed agreed upon profit objectives.
• Ability to develop project plans in advance of project activities to ensure that agreed upon customer satisfaction objectives are met.
• Ability to build and develop a customer focused delivery team and provide the necessary coaching and assistance to ensure that delivery teams are provided the necessary resources, properly trained and motivated.
• Ability to maintain current and up-to-date knowledge of all products and services offered.
• Broad knowledge of contractting industry and business operation, to ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety laws, standards, practices and codes
• Ability to efficiently and effectively analyze plans, specifications, contract documents and codes to determine project requirements.
• Proven ability in successfully managing remote projects.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or more than 10 years of directly related experience as an Electrician, Fitter, Senior Automation Technician or Senior Applications Engineer.
• At least 5 years of experience in managing and engineering projects.
• At least 10 years experience in the Building Automation System industry.
• Expertise in the use of Building Automation System tools (Graphics and Programming tools) especially Niagara Framework, Lonworks and BACnet
• Government or military security clearance, while not essential, is preferred
• Management of Multi-site deliveries
• Computer Literate including Microsoft Office Suite, MS Projects and other scheduling and planning tools.
• Excellent business acumen and an in-depth understanding of the construction and project management process.
• Knowlegde of building, electrical and mechanical codes, standards and regulations.
• Knowledge of Contract Management, scope, terms and conditions review.
• Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
• Requires a valid passport.
• Requires a valid driver’s license in good standing, and clean driving record
• Requires a vehicle
• Subject to security information disclosure highly sensitive projects.
Valid through: 4/12/2021