Reporting to the Digital Director, the Project Manager will work with leaders with the department leaders and a web development firm to build new functionality and features on the organization’s websites and other digital platforms.
The incumbent should display a passion for innovation, curiosity, and interest in using digital platforms to solve challenges related to mission-driven online campaigns and public education work.
Primary Job Functions:
- Work with stakeholders to understand the objectives and scope/define requirements of digital projects;
- Coordinate with designers, developers, content producers, and other stakeholders to build new digital experiences or enhance existing products;
- Onboard and Manage vendors on the execution of digital projects;
- Creating clear and concise statements of work, RFPs, and or other documentation for successful identification and onboarding for vendors;
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to guarantee the workflow, documentation, and design standards are upheld;
- Document project updates and status using project management software;
- Develop page mockups based on project requirements;
- Establishing project KPIs and analyzing project performance;
- Creating Monthly reports for performance across digital platforms – including but not limited to websites, social media, and podcasts;
- Coordinate and establish effective communication with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules;
- Troubleshoot and test prototypes, as well as monitoring the live deployment of the product;
- Coordinate user training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the stakeholders after the products launch;
- Conduct post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements;
- Budget management;
- Create digital experiences that align with SPLC’s programmatic work; and
- Ensure projects are launched on time, by the deadline, and within quality standards.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of significant project management experience;
- Experience with using project management software (i.e., JIRA or Basecamp);
- Experience with web analytics, tracking, and measurement;
- CMS experience with Drupal, WordPress, or similar CMS;
- An understanding of digital publishing, social media, design, production, and SEO;
- Demonstrated project analysis/assessment capabilities; and
- High school diploma or GED.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to contribute creativity and innovation to web projects;
- Ability to use data, user research, strategic direction, and broad industry research to innovate and inform digital projects;
- Ability to effectively present conceptual solutions to stakeholders and team members, and key stakeholders;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Highly proactive and innovative problem solver;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently manage priorities;
- Ability to work with staff across all organizational programs;
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues and using interoffice online communications tools;
- Commitment to the principles of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; and
- Commitment to fostering an anti-racist work culture and to anti-racist principles and learning.