Lead cross-functional and/or cross-company teams to develop and commercialize new diabetes-related medical devices and software/digital products. He/she is expected to be directly involved in problem solving and decision making by the various project teams, and must assure that the decisions are consistent with the overall commercial and Divisional objectives of the program.
Typically, the incumbent would have a Bachelors or Master's degree in a business or a technical discipline. Technical background in engineering, computer science, chemistry or physics preferred. MBA desirable.
1. Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Project Director/Project Manager in a medical device or software company, preferably including experience with consumer-focused products
2. Cross-functional experience in the areas of R&D, Commercial, Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, and Manufacturing are desired
3. Knowledge of regulations and standards related to medical devices is a plus (eg FDA, ISO, QSR design controls)
4. Demonstrated track record of successfully managing medical device / software projects from concept to market
5. Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
6. Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile methodologies, processes and tools such as Jira or equivalent
7. Understanding of the software development lifecycle process
8. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people at all levels of the organization within a variety of departments
9. Strong leadership, and the ability to collect information from multiple sources, and synthesize, integrate, and resolve conflicting requirements and cross-functional issues.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
11. Excellent negotiation and influence skills