Project Manager, Digital Medicine, Early Clinical Development
The Digital Medicine Project Manager is primarily responsible for executing the strategy and business operations necessary to implement and execute Digital Medicine projects. Digital Medicine strives to develop and validate novel digital, dynamic, remote monitoring solutions to enable quantification of disease state and impact of treatment on quality of life (QoL). This is a first of its kind and industry-leading mobile/digital technology initiative. As a key member of a cross-functional matrixed team including clinicians, engineers, scientists and business colleagues, the project manager will be accountable for leading the day-to-day operations of the project, managing the budget, timelines and deliverables, and interacting with additional internal stakeholders such as business development, procurement, and legal colleagues, as well as external vendors. The position requires experience and knowledge in the areas of healthcare and/or devices development, as well as onsite location in Cambridge, MA.
- Support the strategic and operational efforts of the Digital Medicine projects group and lab
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the statement of work (SOW) throughout the project.
- Effectively facilitate logistics of team meetings.
- Ensure that the team achieves milestones on time, and on budget.
- Participate in hiring process of future team members.
- Play a key role in managing logistics related to clinical studies, including overseeing drafting of protocols, IRB approval process, contracting with external partners, and execution of study.
- Contribute to design and execution of a communication strategy, including publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Support the strategic and operational efforts of Digital Medicine.
- Ensure proper documentation, organization and tracking of all material and date related to project for easy access, retrieval, audit, publications and presentations.
- Represent the team at business venues and meeting, conferences, interactions with external and internal stakeholders.
- BS / MS / MBA with 5+ years project management experience
- Formal training or certification in Project Management methodologies and approaches.
- Understanding of the biopharmaceutical environment and the drug development process.
- Proven track record of success in operationalizing and executing strategic initiatives.
- MS / PhD in Scientific Discipline with specific experience managing pharmaceutical/technical/medical devices projects and/or clinical programs strongly preferred.
- Experience utilizing project management software programs such as MS Project, Confluence, Jira, etc.
- Experience managing business plans, budgets and timelines.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrating a “can do” attitude and relentless focus to find solution space and deliver success, working on tight timelines and defined budget.