About the Opportunity
Digital Management, Inc. (DMI) is seeking a full time Project Manager to support its government customer in Seaside, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Information Technology IT Project Manager for a large enterprise. The candidate will:
- Defines and creates project plans for project, portfolio, and product prioritization and implementation
- Lead project / technical teams in day-to day execution and compliance with prescribed methodology processes, including: project charter development, project initiation and facilitation, project plan development, risk and issues management, quality planning, communications planning, WBS decomposition, project schedule development, change management, configuration management, status reporting, post-project reporting, project transition planning, and project shutdown.
- Plans and coordinates meetings, conferences and team functions.
- Produces and maintains all project plans, schedules, correspondence, documents, reports and presentations as required by the implementation team
- Evaluates trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
- Partners with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Builds, leads, and coaches multiple project / technical teams throughout project life-cycles
- Facilitates all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Assesses and resolves all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Ensures all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards
- Lead project team through structured task estimation process.
- Monitor and control projects, ensuring appropriate utilization of project resources
- Document meeting and coordinate status reports and approvals on deliverables.
- Participate in preparing and executing the overall project plan.
- Maintain open communications among project participants and parties. Present weekly status updates in project reviews
- Maintain strong focus on customer satisfaction by delivering predictable, repeatable project results.
- Coordinate regularly with management on solution plans and status
- Follow PMBOK and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITILJ) processes to achieve project objectives
- Acts as a key liaison between the business and IT to insure alignment of business objectives with IT priorities
- Responsible to thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements to appropriate team members and manage all requirements
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback
- Define & maintain all implementation processes, manage implementation lifecycle; coordinate documentation when needed
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- 5 years' experience in Project Management
- 5 years' experience leading technical teams
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, and possess current active Secret clearance with Investigation Type-Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Applicant will be subject to a government securityinvestigation and must maintain program security clearance eligibility requirements
- Must have demonstrated ability for independent decision making, supporting large customer groups, and managing highly visible large-scale projects
- Ability to work well in a matrixed organization with limited resources
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
- Presentation - Presents clearly and informatively, easily maintaining audience attention and responding to audience needs; Able to facilitate discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed
- Maintain timelines and target dates in Microsoft Project
- Foundational or expert knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- PMP/PMI or equivalent certification. Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred
Physical Requirement(s): N/A
Location: Seaside CA
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.