The Project Manager is responsible for leading a3600 automation track and diagnostic instruments implementation projects. Is the single person responsible and accountable for ensuring that these projects are completed within scope and on-time. They will be leading several large complex projects and/or smaller less complex projects at any given time.
- Will work directly with the sales, TSD and service teams to create project plans that deliver the agreed upon solution in the desired time frame.
- The PM will serve as the primary point of contact with the customer throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Will develop appropriately detailed, cross-functional, realistic and appropriate timeline that includes resource requirements and management reserve.
- Will actively manage the scope, scope changes, risks and issues for each project that they lead and work with stakeholders to overcome obstacles and mitigate risks.
- Will actively manage their projects in the enterprise management tool and ensure that project records are kept up to date and active.
- Will recommend innovate ways to improve project management processes and performance in the PMO.
- Will work with cross-functional teams to resolve conflicts, manage changes in the project and adjust activities to meet new requirements.
- Will establish routine joint operating mechanisms with Abbott and customers to ensure good communication and alignment.
- Will drive for on-time project execution and customer satisfaction as primary project objectives for each project they lead
- Leads the team through the translation of management and customer needs into project goals.
- Identify resource requirements, cost and time schedules for all Projects.
- Develop an implementation plan, conduct risk assessments, and develop and implement contingency plans to allow for and accommodate unforeseen events and changes in strategy.
- Assure that projects will effectively integrate with existing programs and strategies so that long and short term business goals are attained.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory agencies, quality system, ethics policy, and project goals.
- Accountable for the successful completion of project tasks on time and within budget.
- Accountable for managing resources (direct and matrix) assigned to project regarding project tasks.
- Includes mentoring and providing feedback within a team.
- Assure project requirements are met.
- Establishes and manages team charter including project timeline.
- Manage the decision making process.
- May function as the project contact with third party vendors.
- Interface with other disciplines, customers, internal clients, project staff and internal and external experts as required.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports and other presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Interact with senior level management to present significant Program strategies.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting diagnostics
- Bachelordegree in a discipline appropriate to the project environment with minimum five years relevant experience, one year of which must be in leadership/project management roles.
- Establishes and manages team charter including project goals and incentive plans. Manage the decision making process.
- Negotiate with resource managers to resolve any resource limitations that cannot be resolved by the team.
- Participate on division-initiatives to identify process improvements to accelerate projects.