The Office of Design & Construction (ODC) Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the design of multiple projects as assigned, with or without consultants, interfacing with hospital clinical and engineering staff, management of code compliance, and commissioning of the building. These responsibilities usually involve the management of employees of FH, consultant designers, contractors and often other individuals with expert skills in their field. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Excellent project management skills to manage multiple small to mid-sized healthcare projects
- Knowledge of healthcare design and construction techniques
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and contracts
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with and manage multi-faceted teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable in making presentations to management and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar project management program (Preferred)
- Proficient in e-Builder software program (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Construction Management or related field, AND/OR equivalentyears ofexperience.
- Five years’ healthcare project management experience
- Extensive experience in all phases of architectural design
- Extensive experience in the construction process, including all project deliverables
- Experience with Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA, or equivalent state agency) construction requirements
- Seven years’ healthcare project management experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current State of Florida License in Architecture, Interior Design, Structural or Civil Engineering(Preferred)
- General Contracting License(Preferred)
- Project management certification (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Utilizes pre-construction understanding of operational considerations, consistently assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans as needed. Successfully develops and updates project budgets as required utilizing “Project Budget Tracking Form.” Delivers projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner in accordance with the approved project scope.
- Effectively leads project evaluation meetings and administrative reviews from conception to completion. Manages the negotiation and bidding of the project; develops, manages, and delivers a project change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope and change approval process.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the Project Coordinators to assure the project is progressing appropriately, frequently visits job site throughout construction, follows established procedures of the Design & Construction department.
- Monitors subcontractor activities to guarantee compliance with project budget and specification requirements, and administer RFIs and Change Orders.
- Through self-motivation, requires minimal management from the Senior Director. Multitasks and manages contract employees, consultants, vendors and staff.
- Accurately manages multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing the Project Request Tracking Form. Effectively prepares and presents technical and/or educational documentation of assigned projects to enhance the knowledge of our customers and team members affected.
- Actively participates in internal and/or external training programs, staying current and compliant on application or technical skills applicable to assigned duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Design & Construction department.