The Office of Design & Construction (ODC) provides a variety of services and expertise in the program management of capital improvement projects. These projects range from minor renovations to major new construction at all of Florida Hospital's Central Florida campuses. Our department's professional staff includes; Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Architects, Engineers, Designers and Administrative Personnel that coordinate each project's planning, design, and construction process from start to finish. We are located just off the Orlando campus on Orange Avenue.
The Office of Design & Construction (ODC) Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the design of multiple projects as assigned, with or without consultants, interfacing with hospital clinical and engineering staff, management of code compliance, and commissioning of the building. These responsibilities usually involve the management of employees of FH, consultant designers, contractors and often other individuals with expert skills in their field. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Excellent project management skills to manage multiple small to mid-sized healthcare projects
- Knowledge of healthcare design and construction techniques
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and contracts
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with and manage multi-faceted teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable in making presentations to management and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar project management program (Preferred)
- Proficient in e-Builder software program (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Construction Management or related field, AND/OR equivalentyears ofexperience.
- Five years’ healthcare project management experience
- Extensive experience in all phases of architectural design
- Extensive experience in the construction process, including all project deliverables
- Experience with Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA, or equivalent state agency) construction requirements
- Seven years’ healthcare project management experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current State of Florida License in Architecture, Interior Design, Structural or Civil Engineering(Preferred)
- General Contracting License(Preferred)
- Project management certification (Preferred)