About Delta Project Management, Inc.
Delta PM was founded in 2006 with a mission to deliver successful outcomes for its employees, our clients, and patients through exceptional relationships, collaboration, and execution. As a company dedicated to the Life Sciences, we have the ability to impact lives in a positive and meaningful way. We provide Validation, Project Management and Quality Assurance solutions that enable our clients to develop and deliver drug products to their patients with quality and speed.
Delta PM has established itself as a top provider of staff and expertise in the Life Sciences Industry, and we now count 8 of the top 10 largest biopharma companies in the San Francisco Bay Area as our customers, and in total work with nearly 30 clients from coast to coast. Our goal is to deliver the best technical expertise with a focus on fostering long-term relationships based on trust, and to always go above and beyond to reach project milestones and objectives.
Professional growth for our employees is very important here at Delta PM, and this creates a lot of great opportunities for our team members. We are looking for "Deltoids" who embody our core values of being people-focused, and demonstrating integrity and excellence in their work on a daily basis. If you enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced, and continuously growing environment, we welcome a conversation to let you know what makes us different from the rest. Come join our team!
The Project Manager's primary responsibility is to plan, organize, lead, and control client projects efficiently and effectively to meet client objectives. This role plays the role of the Owner's Representative Project Manager and may report to the client's Department Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspect of the construction program from design through construction completion. The Project Manager must be well versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and is able to coordinate and direct a team of professional project managers, engineers. The ideal candidate will have experience with (TI) Tenant Improvement or ground up building in Life Sciences. He or she should have an analytical mind with great organization skills and can work well with cross functional teams to meet program goals, , budget and scope.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate various engineering projects and provide engineering expertise and guidance in planning, financial justification, start-up activities, implementation, process improvements and validation.
- Create detailed and accurate project and execute projects according to the prescribed Project Management Methodology.
- Achieve quality, and budget targets on assigned projects.
- Perform project cost estimating, project controls, to develop and monitor project budgets. Prepare, review and negotiate change orders. Issue change orders to and others and prepare revisions to the project budget.
- Maintain good working relationships with architects, engineers, , suppliers and municipal authorities.
- Work closely with client customers, lab leads, EH&S, maintenance, space planning and site services.
- Work closely with and external team members to ensure a safe work environment for all projects and activities. Responsible for the performance of the in providing a safe job-site.
- Gain consensus for the optimal solution by effectively organizing and presenting proposals to stakeholders.
- Prepare and/or review RFPs, bid analyses and make recommendations for awards.
- Oversee preparation and approve documents used for bid, construction drawings, specifications, turnover packages, as-built drawings, and commissioning protocols.
- Monitor or track the review and approval of RFIs and Submittals.
- Lead or actively participate in project design, and coordination meetings.
- Identify and resolve issues that may jeopardize project or improve project time. Keep the manager fully informed promptly concerning all potential problems on a project.
- Inspect construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and .
- Update project log weekly with any updates regarding scope, , cost, and action items.
- Works on moderately complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or Business Management.
- 5 to 8 years minimum of industry experience.
- Experience with multiple capital projects relating to Tenant Improvement and new construction projects in GMP and non-GMP facilities.
- Proficient in leading all functions of construction project management through effective communication and actions including: planning, scoping, designing, estimating, value-engineering, spec-approval, managing staff, supervising sub-, budgeting, invoicing, cash flow auditing, scheduling, progress reporting, streamline processing, reviewing documents.
- Expert proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project, and web-based project management tools.
Preferred Education and Experience
- cGMP, Commissioning and Qualification (IQ, OQ, PQ) experience.
- PMP or LEED AP Certification