8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: Project Manager
Position Number: 260296
Location: Deerfield, IL
Desired Skill Set:
Agile, JIRA, PMP, Project Management, SCRUM, Web
Baxter – Senior Project Manager
Contract Start: ASAP
Duration or End Date: 02/17/2019
Location: Deerfield, IL 60015
Looking for a project manager that has prior experience with web projects.
The client is starting a large project to implement a new web hosting service. In addition to standing up this service, we will be building new web templates for the Corporate website and moving this content to the new hosting provider. We will also develop a collection of website starter templates for commercial marketing websites and will migrate product and marketing sites as needed.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Project Manager for the Web Platforms Team, you will work with a team to develop websites, web applications and systems and other technology-focused projects. In this role, you will manage all aspects of the product life cycle to ensure that work is performed within the scope of the contract and in compliance with contract documents. This role is for someone who has an aptitude for developing and maintaining project plans, monitoring the quality and timeliness of all deliverables, assigning staff resources, and ensuring adherence to project budgets. If complex or unusual technical problems arise, you will actively use your knowledge of business best practices to guide the team.
• Liaise with 3rd parties for hosting and site design to coordinate schedules and deliverables.
• Work with client extended team members for project communications.
• Work with Global Communications teams to coordinate requirements and schedule for www.baxter.com build along with localized country content. Manage work streams for template builds and content migrations.
• Work with Commercial IT and Marketing teams to coordinate any marketing website migrations to the new hosting service.
• Work with Global Communications and Marketing teams to gather requirements and manage work streams for creating website starter templates.
• Manage activities of all internal/external resources on projects or service deliverables.
• Understand and direct/participate in all phases of the project.
• Review project team deliverables to ensure quality (design walk-through, test results, etc.) and adherence standards/regulatory requirements.
• Interact with customers to understand their business and to anticipate IT solutions based on business and technical knowledge. Manage the customer relationship with business project sponsor.
• Responsible for capital and expense project budget. Assist the business in capital and expense planning for IT projects as well.
Skills & Qualifications
• As a Project Manager you will work with teams supporting multiple projects and other project managers. We are looking for an individual with the following skills and qualifications
• Someone who takes initiative and identifies and resolves problems in a team environment using advanced critical thinking skills.
• Familiarity with Agile project methodologies. Scrum master is a plus but not required.
• Familiarity with JIRA for project and issue tracking.
• Working knowledge of: Web analytics software (e.g., Webtrends, Google Analytics), search engine optimization techniques, mobile applications, content management systems, social marketing and media, user experience design, information architecture, usability, visual/graphic design, programming and development and related technologies.
• B.S. or B.A in information systems or related field of study, and a minimum of 8 years of experience, including at least 5 years of project management experience.
• A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required; advanced degree a plus.
• Knowledge of product development life cycle, best practices in business analysis, and other process models.
• Ability to work independently of any direct supervision while simultaneously being a team player, working well with others handling day-to-day situations as they arise with a reasonable, calm approach.
• Strong organization skills and demonstrated follow-through. Flexibility and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions, including occasional long hours, is essential.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to proofread and perform quality control of others’ work; background in technical communications may be helpful.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.