We are looking for Project Manager ? Data Warehouse for our client in Quincy, MA
Job Title: Project Manager ? Data Warehouse
Job Location: Quincy, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The client seeks an experienced Information Technology Program Manager to lead and manage a group of project managers in the client data warehouse (DW).
- This position requires both project managementexperience as well as familiarity with data warehouse principles.
- The selected candidate will have a proven record of strong communication, supervisory, and management skills.
- The responsibilities of the client DW Program manager will be to institute a project management methodology and structure that is a hybrid of Agile and waterfall project management.
- The client DW currently utilizes some standard documentation but wishes to review and update both their templates and procedures.
- Key goals for this position are to streamline intake requests and create a prioritization structure that aligns with business goals.
- The client DW program manager will work with existing project managers, project owners and leads to review their daily work and practices.
- The client DW program manager will also function as a project manager.
- Project management duties will include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing multiple projects to ensure proper management
- Managing project sprints
- Defining user and team member roles
- Coordinating and monitoring activities to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Managing the creation of user requirements and deliverables
- Procuring approvals as needed and promoting use of industry best practices
- The PM will report project status to DW Management, Senior IT and Business management.
- Communications will include the articulation of impediments, risk analysis, risk mitigations, timeline and budget impacts.
- Work with client DW project managers and executive staff to create project management standards
- Communicate and manage implementation of project management standards
- Work with IT and business stakeholders to develop and implement detailed project plans
- Lead efforts to define project requirements with key business stakeholders
- Closely manage project development process to include monitoring project scope and change control processes
- Ensure all project documentation is prepared in accordance with agency standards and published in a timely fashion
- Coordinate project activities for adherence to project plan and agency standards and policies
- Follow a comprehensive defect tracking process to ensure all testing efforts are performed locally as well as with other teams and are documented
- Report on project status, risks and mitigation strategies on a weekly basis to application stake holders and senior management as required
- Identify key risks and their impact on the project
- Ensure effective communication between non-technical and technical teams
- Monitor results against established timelines, deliverables, tasks, dependencies and associated technical specifications
- Adhere to established Commonwealth policy and procedures with respect to project management methodology quality assurance and other related standards
- Minimum (5) five years of extensive hands-on experience managing multiple high profile projects concurrently with full development, implementation and financial accountability.
- Minimum (5) five years of IT experience in data warehouse management
- Expert knowledge of project management methodologies across the IT spectrum
- Expert knowledge of data warehousing concepts and best practices
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with technical and non-technical staff across multiple agencies conveying complex technical concepts in simple business terms.
- Knowledge of and experience with commonly used project and office related software (i.e., Microsoft Office-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and otherproject management tools)
- Familiarity with business analysis principles and best practices
- Familiarity with software development and testing life cycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and flexibly adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor?s degree in business or a related technical field
- Experience managing resources under a matrix reporting structure
- Experience with Conflict resolution, consensus building and mediation skills
- PMP ?Project Management Professional Certification
- CSM ? Certified Scrum Master