We are seeking experienced members to join the MedPro Group who are passionate about data and applying the latest machine learning technology to solve business problems. As a Project Managersupporting the Data Science team, you will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the development and deployment of the tools that progress the company along its digital journey. In this role, you will work alongside Data Scientists and Data Engineers and the business to utilize a vast amount of data to help develop a deep understanding of underwritingrisk, understand the volatility of medical malpractice claims, and build common analytic platforms across our diverse businesses. In a hands-on capacity, you will coordinate projects for medical data extraction, text mining for better claim insights, and the education of end users to drive actionable decisions.
You will have an impact on patient safety and the quality of the millions procedures performed annually by the 200,000+ MedPro Group insured healthcare providers. This position reports to the Senior Data Scientist and is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a quickly growing team with high visibility.
What We Look For:
- This is a new department with a fast growing team. We are looking for self-starters interested in growing with the department with a strong desire to see projects from beginning to end. Expect a startup-style environment with close collaboration between Data Science teammates and the business.
- We have a large number of potential projects in pricing/underwriting, claims, digital marketing, security, and R&D. As a result, we find that driven and genuinely curious people thrive here (not what but why). Expect to be involved with multiple projects, with timelines from days to months. We desire candidates who can accomplish tasks without extensive direction.
- Our colleagues have diverse backgrounds; as such, candidates must be comfortable in an environment of whiteboard sessions to bounce ideas around on experiment design and approach, among both on-site and remote teammates. Plan on working closely on a diverse number of Data Science initiatives, transforming the company direction.
What skills you need:
Coordination & Communication:
- Drive implementation and management of high impact, cross-functional projects approved and prioritized by Senior Leadership and aligned with strategic business initiatives.
- An interest in working with a group of highly technical individuals in Data Science and Engineering and the interest of making a tremendous impact for the business.
- Responsible for tracking project costs and benefits and providing regular updates to appropriate stakeholders and financial leaders.
- Coordinate and assist in the review, selection and submission of RFS, RFP, NDA, MSA, etc. and 3rd party vendor engagement.
- Ensure technical coordination regarding multiple initiatives with project management team. Ensure full understanding of business impacts, dependencies and project efficiency gains.
- Provide solutions and improvements to project design and workflows to optimize internal efficiencies and improve external customer experiences.
- Drive detailed system requirements based on business needs, utilizing standard documentation guidelines.
- Plan and lead testing efforts including, arrangement of QA testing, use acceptance test plans, and maintaining documentation on testing results.
- Coordinate and assist in development of training material for functional areas as well as external communications, ensuring seamless transition and implementation.
- Manage resolution of post-production issues until project has been approved for release to the business.
- The ability to translate technical ideas into simple explanations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelors or equivalent project management certification. Record of continued learning or accomplishment is preferred.
- 5+ years of related project experience.
Additional preferred education/experience
- PMP or Six Sigma certification.
- Programming and/or analytics prior experience.
- Experience with Agile/Kanban and Jira.
- Exposure to Enterprise Architect (EA).
What's in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and profit sharing.
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching fully-vested on day one.
- Continued education support and conference attendance.
- On-site facilities (Catered, discounted meals, gym, yoga studio, and a competitive table tennis atmosphere).