Project Manager (Data Management & Software Development)
Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of Project Manager (Data Management & Software Development) near Baltimore MD. This is a key position and the selected individual will join a collaborative team environment where they will provide expertise and guidance for project leadership, including defining the projects objectives, overseeing quality control throughout the project life cycle, and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver the project according to plan.
The Project Manager plays a key role in client relations, working to foster relations will all levels of staff and management. Key to the success of this position is the successful delivery of the project which includes ensuring the implementation/submission of high quality deliverables on schedule.
NOTE: POSITION REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE
- Control, plan and direct all aspects of the project and project team to include schedule, operations, and financial management.
- Organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates and oversee the successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Take projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services.
- Defines project scope and objectives.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Support the development and maintenance of the Program Management Plan and update the PMP as the project/program matures to address any change(s) in scope, time, or budget.
- Collect, measure, and disseminate performance information, including standardized and issue-specific program performance reports;
- Provide management with relevant performance data to support the identification of performance issues and to refer corrective actions to governance for approval.
- Consolidate performance data to provide stakeholders with information about how resources are being used to deliver program benefits.
- Analyze program performance and stakeholder feedback to forecast possible scope impacts;
- Analyze program/contract change requests to identify impacts across the program and its projects; and
- Support the development and maintenance Risk Management Plan.
- Conduct risk reviews, facilitate the identification of risk, analyze risk, develop and maintain risk mitigation plans, and track risk until closure in accordance with the guidelines in the RMP.
- Rank risk, determine risk impact and probability, and document mitigation alternatives for critical risks
- Identify, plan, and create, and support the delivery of project communications.
- Support the development and maintenance of a Quality Control Plan that defines the Contractor?s approach, processes, and procedures for ensuring the quality and reliability of its products and services.
- Support the development and maintenance of a Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP).
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing projects of similar size and type.
- Experience in the same or similar role and has successfully managed program(s) of the same size and scope of program.
- Extensive experience with project life cycle management.
- Has thorough understanding of how the individual task order and project requirements integrate with the client IT XLC (Expedited Life Cycle), Affordable Care Act and MACRA legislation and strategic client initiatives.
- Experienced in managing large software development efforts.
- PMP certification required.
- Experience with Agile required; DevOps desired.
- ITIL v3 certification desired
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned small business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech?s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.