The Project Manager is responsible for supporting data center customers with site installation and commissioning.
- Key customer contact for installation and commission questions.
- Coordinate Kohler and distribution resources for installation and commission support.
- Attend and represent Kohler at site meetings.
- Assist with responding to RFPs.
- Coordinate 3rd party vendors site commissioning support and services.
- Document commissioning process.
- Create on-site test plans and review with customer.
- Be on site for all testing including all phases of IST.
- Supervise delivery and off-loading of equipment.
- Inspect and monitor installation progress and report project details to the project management, including progress, risks, and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Inspect installation for compliance to Kohler standards recommend corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline from an ABET accredited engineering program or equivalent experience.
- Field engineering experience in the testing and installation of generators a plus.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in project management or engineering role and working with product lines of similar technical complexity.
- Electrical power, electrician, generator, or reciprocating engine experience desired.
- Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build teams, make sound decisions, and drive action cross functionally.
- Demonstrated people skills required to lead & motivate professionals in a matrix organization who are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.