This position is responsible for managing piping projects in food manufacturing plants and in-house from start to finish.
This includes scope, design and bidding of potential projects as well as assistance and support of field installation crews.
* Ability to travel approximately 50%
* Project management experience
* BS Industrial Management or related degree
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, preferred
* Valid driver's license
* Computer proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database
* 3 years in managing or designing process systems projects
* Piping design, pipe fitting or welding
* Working in Industrial food system processing environments
* System design, equipment, and instrumentation selection
* Experience with CAD
Standard workday is 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Travel is estimated at around 50%
• Provide and follow up on quotes / proposals to customers (Installation, Equipment, or Systems).
• Respond to customer requests for information
• Ensure proper documentation for billing and costing of each job is provided to the Process Engineering support staff
• Ensure compliance with all safety rules, regulations and procedures.
• Maintain all customer and prospect accounts and contacts in CRM software.
• Follow-up with customer after field project is completed for feedback on satisfaction
• Provide design assistance pertaining to possible installation services
• Visit customer sites to provide assistance in design or scope of project
• Prepare project projection reports on a monthly basis to determine job performance and communicate performance to management.
• Design process piping systems, with the aid of the Process Engineering Group, with concise calculations and documentation
• Provide overall project management of all contractors as required and maintain MS Project Gantt charts
• Provide a concise design and scope package to the Installation Services Manager and Job Superintendent at the beginning of execution phase of projects.
• Compare actual data with forecast data after jobs are completed to improve quoting accuracy and techniques
• Track and control project cost and schedule