The Cyber Security Project Manager will execute assignments for Burns and McDonnell’s Governance, Risk, Cybersecurity & Governance Group in cyber security, Control/SCADA system security, critical infrastructure regulatory compliance, mitigation plan support, preparation of documentation in support of audits, conducting cyber security and vulnerability assessments, and contributing to the development of cybersecurity programs at client sites. The Cyber Security Project Manager is responsible for interfacing with the IT/OT project teams relating to cybersecurity mitigation plan support.
- Experience managing asset inventory projects
- Experience managing security related infrastructure and applications
- Extensive experience in developing and execution of IT governance, project methodologies, procedures, and processes
- Lead customers through the full sales process while engaging others in the business unit to support as needed
- Lead, with direct contribution to, the creation of winning proposals
- Understand the customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, business drivers, technology strategy, and competitive landscape.
- Leverage existing customer relationships inside the company to generate warm leads
- Prepare responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge and participate in on-going training
- Communicate solutions benefits effectively
- Maintain accurate sales funnel data and achieve strategic targets
- Establish and maintain long-term business relationships
- Manage and interpret customer requirements and properly set customer expectations
- Partner with internal teams to provide technology support in larger work engagements
- Champion the technology innovation agenda inside the company and with customers
- Support sales activities to increase win probability for key industry verticals
- Proven ability to build motivated, collaborative, and productive cross functional teams
- Proven ability to effectively communicate verbally or in written form, with all levels of the organization, and able to influence a larger team to perform toward the same goal
- Excellent organizational and time management skill
- Highly analytical, and methodical, strong problem solving ability on complex subjects
- Establish and maintain the project management guidelines
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Develop requirements specifications according to project charter
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Track project budget, resources, revenue potential, expenses, and other associated key performance indicators
All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Computer Engineering, Electric Engineering, or a related technical field with appropriate experience.
- 7 years of project management experience managing large complex projects in the area of IT infrastructure
- 3-5 years of project management on cyber security related projects
- Understanding of security principles and good knowledge of cyber security technologies, backed up with suitable credentials or certifications.
- Strong effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Travel for project work is estimated to average 50 - 75%.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing competing priorities, and building a team of professional who can complete tasks on time within a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of technology, vendors, products, development and support alternatives
- Demonstrated understanding of IT process and infrastructure/security related projects
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common engineering and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or public groups.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Project, SharePoint software; Internet software; Excel Spreadsheet software; Word/PowerPoint software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ISC2, SANS, PMP or Professional Engineer, Six Sigma (Recommended)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Engineering and/or cyber security, information technology background is preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and time constraints