The Project Manager /Customer Service Manager is a key member of the Regional Operations team responsible for: field project management, developing and maintaining customer relationships and leading proposal activities.
This position is based out of the Edmonton, AB regional office with occasional assignments to maintenance and construction projects across Western Canada.
- Leads proposal activities for new and existing customers
- May require occasional site assignments to manage projects.
- Works with customers to identify opportunities for maintenance/construction services, engineering services, equipment sales/retrofits.
- Provides solutions for selected customers based on sound technological background and experience, and executes the implementation of these solutions in a cost effective manner.
- Provides customer technical support.
- Ensures that accounting/administrative functions are completed. Monitors cost control and reporting functions of all projects/sales.
- Recognizes and reports on market trends, customer requirements and other opportunities.
- Provide technical support to the Field service and construction personnel in region as well as other regions.
- Ensures proper training of internal resources, external partners and customers concerning product use and maintenance.
Site assignments may include the following:
- Ensure that the B&W HSE program and site-specific safety plans are implemented at site
- Demonstrate ownership, leadership and actively participate in the HSE program.
- Appoint competent supervision, subcontractors and support staff.
- Ensure that all employees understand their responsibilities & duties
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and customer requirements
- Provide on-going communications on HSE issues to groups & individuals
- Ensure that training is conducted and completed as per B&W and site requirements
- Ensure that site orientations, Tool Box Talks & safety meetings are being conducted
- Ensure that tools & construction equipment inspections are being done
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in good condition and operated by competent personnel
- Participate in injury/incident investigations and ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken to prevent recurrence
- Apply disciplinary action when required
- Ensure that the modified duties program is implemented
- Ensure that confined spaces are identified & assessed
- Ensure that the installation of tuggers and rigging and the installation of horizontal line lines are designed & certified by a professional engineer
- Implement & participate in a planned inspection program
- Ensure that suitable safety equipment is supplied, properly used, cared for & maintained
- Ensure that all equipment delivered to site are in good condition & have the required certifications
- Ensure that new employees possess required licenses, certificates & skills to perform the work
- Review non-conformance reports & ensure timely disposition
- Ensure that a procedure for the storage, control and issuance of welding material is in place & followed
- Ensure NDE work is being completed as per the requirement of the ITP
- Ensure that PWHT & other processes are being completed as per the requirements of the ITP
- Monitor the status of preparation and completion of turnover packages
- Review the constructionschedule including the physical percent completion provided by the Site Superintendent
- Review & initial the daily timesheets
- Ensure that a change control process is implemented at site & that supervision is familiar with the procedure
- Review and approve estimates for scope changes and extra work and obtain customer’s approvals as required
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with sub-contractors
- Ensure that subcontractors audit are being completed
- Approve suppliers & subcontractors invoices
- Conduct site meetings as required
- Attend customer meetings as required
- Office based position with occasional visits to customer/project sites.
- May involve short to medium term site assignments including: working in industrial sites, camp-based assignments, rotational work schedules and extended hours of work.
- Incumbent must have in-depth knowledge of applicable procedures (i.e. proposals development, project management, customer interface, accounting, safety, quality, labor relations, etc.)
- Incumbent must have the necessary technical knowledge of boiler, pressure vessel and piping operation, maintenance, construction and repair
- Must have knowledge of applicable technical codes and guidelines.
- Adheres to ethical standards of business conduct
- Ability to identify issues and concerns in a timely manner so corrective action can be taken
- Demonstrate common sense and practical insight in dealing with complex issues
- Deal with issues with a sense of urgency
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals & groups and positively influence the attitudes and actions of others
- Responsive to customer inquiries & needs
- Bachelor of Sciene or equivalent in an applicable field, diploma with more than 10 years' experience
- Practical experience with boilers, fired equipment, pressure vessels and piping would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with development of estimates and proposals
- Familiarity with Project controls methods and tools.
- 5-10 years related field constructionexperience in a supervisory and/or leadership role.
- Diploma or Under-graduate Degree is preferable
- Knowledge of jurisdictional regulations as applicable to HSE & quality
- Familiarity with health, safety and environment and quality control systems used on major construction sites or operating facilities