Project Manager / Customer Service Delivery - Managed IT
This role is critical for the success of our solution delivery to clients with responsibility of owning customer relationships and proactively managing all aspects of delivering products and services for assigned projects. Requires significant customer interaction including scheduled and impromptu meetings, reviews with customers and in all aspects is a passionate advocate for the customer. This position leads external and internal projects to ensure timely, accurate and cost effective delivery of capabilities and services; manages cross-functional internal teams and external vendors and contractors to accomplish project deliverables. Manages vendors and contractors' provision of products and services associated with assigned programs and projects, to include monitoring and evaluating actual performance relative to agreed levels, verifying vendors' products and services meet quality and other specifications, ensuring vendor payments are consistent with agreed pricing for services and products delivered. Identifies actual or potential problems and resolves or develops and presents recommendation to executive management as appropriate.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administer established Alaska Communications processes related to Project Management Body of Knowledge Processes in ITIL format working with Department Managers. Maintain documents and work instructions as part of this requirement.
- Manages all aspects of delivery of solutions purchased by business customer for assigned projects. The Managed Services project manager must be the project lead, with responsibility for developing and executing project plans while maintaining and keeping with project schedules.
- Plan, schedule, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of Project personnel
- Mentor and coach individuals or teams, develop skills, identify developmental opportunities and invest in building high performing teams.
- Continually analyze Project business unit data to recommend improvements in efficiency and productivity
- Maintain consistent communication with all parties including end?users or clients, as well as internal management hierarchy
- Manage and document the Project Risk Management, Project Change Control, Project Communication, and Project Status Reporting processes
- Ensure the completion of projects within scope, timeline and budget or advise management team of variances with causation.
- Customer Focus - Ability to manage customer relationships, communication and centricity. Take overall accountability for customer relationships, provide "account management" functionality, and act in the capacity of a solution provider. Ability to communicate with customers effectively, on a proactive basis, and manage the communication process. An attitude that the customer is the key to success, and keeping the customers' interests paramount.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Leadership - Demonstrate personal leadership in all aspects of work, lead by example, and take demonstrate strong personal accountability and ownership. Ability to develop business cases for specific initiatives; understanding business impact and be able to model impact of technology on business process.
- Project Management and Project Budget Management- Ability to lead projects, cross functional teams, lay out projects and tasks, and drive projects through successful completion. Ability to manage project level budgets and resources; vendor and internal resource management for project execution.
- Time Management - A strong commitment to meeting deadlines and commitments, a good understanding of all tasks needed to complete out an assignment, and manage those tasks effectively to meet commitments.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor`s degree in marketing, sales or general business or a technical field. Equivalent education, experience, and training may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for year basis plus four (4) years of progressively responsible professional level planning or operations experience demonstrating proficiency in design, implementation support and project management. Equivalent education and training may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis. PMP or PgMP certification. Industry group experience: telecommunications, information technology, or engineering, other cross functional industry group experience in finance, provisioning, operations management or construction.