As a Project Manager at CSG, you will manage and monitor the implementation of projects from conception through delivery. You will organize activities ensuring completion within plan, scope, and budget constraints. You will serve as a liaison between cross-functional technical and non-technical resources and stakeholders in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
The Project Manager identifies, escalates, and mitigates Project and Program impediments. A successful candidate possesses a beginner to intermediate foundation of Project Management theoretical knowledge and understands SAFe and Agile Practices.
What's in it for you?
CSG provides you with unlimited PTO, a conveniently-located West Omaha office, market competitive pay, and benefits—including 401k match, a discounted employee stock purchase program, tuition/certification reimbursement, extended maternity/paternity leave, and much more!
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Organizes small to medium size projects
- Creates project plans, monitors schedules and expenses that successfully deliver project goals, objectives and requirements within the scope, time and quality constraints
- Provides metrics and reporting to ensure projects are on track
- Responsible for timely risk/issue identification and mitigation
- Leads matrix teams that span multiple internal organizations (Platform, Operations and Development, etc.) and external customer/vendor organizations
- Possesses a technical aptitude and CSG Product knowledge, specializing in operations and infrastructure (i.e. Database, Network, Server Administration, Storage, data centers, PCI, BCP, Security, etc.)
- Encourages open communication and collaborates with all levels of the organization, using crucial conversation skills
- Uses appropriate channels and understands what information the team needs and how to get it
- Speaks and writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Gets messages across that have the desired effect; listens carefully and works through misunderstandings so everyone is clear on what is being communicated. Is receptive to and independently acts on feedback
- Responsible for aligning plans and removing impediments across multiple organizations and teams. This often includes effective negotiation skills to establish plans that best align objectives across organizations and with our customers
What piques our interest?
- 3+ years related project or program management experience
- A Bachelor's degree in business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent
- PMP, CSM, SPC, or other Project Management/Agile certifications
You demonstrate basic to intermediate knowledge/experience with:
- Technology Domain (Operations and Infrastructure: Database, Network, Server Administration, Storage, data centers, PCI, BCP, etc.)
- ITSM tools and corresponding business processes
- Analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills
- IT software development (SDLC) methodologies and processes
- Scaled Agile Framework methodology
- Stakeholder management
- Agile roles, artifacts, and ceremonies of Scrum and Kanban
- Kanban task board, WIP limits, and forecasting
- Proficient in project management tools (e.g. Jira, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint)
- Change Assurance practices and participates in their implementation
- Risk identification and mitigation skills, RACI's, Burndown Charts and Risk Assessments
- Crucial conversations and negotiation skills
With guidance, you can:
- Navigate executive-level collaboration, understand their needs, and balance conflicting points of view
- Understand how they are being perceived within the culture and make appropriate adjustments