Finance Project Manager
The primary purpose of the Project Manager role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management in order to deliver business value. Additionally, candidates should bring a passion for project management, relentless customer focus, and a zeal for successfully delivering complex projects that drive business value.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Lead projects in support of Finance/Shared Services and Business Units.
- Act as liaison and manage Finance/Shared Services projects that drive business value
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline work plan
- Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Perform risk assessment, and implement mitigation plans.
- Monitor project progress, providing read out reporting to Leadership and Executive Leadership team members.
- Assist with release management across shared services and business units
- Utilize existing collaboration tools (Sharepoint) as necessary.
- Familiar with agile methodologies to align Business unit plans with Technology.
- This role reports upto the Business Process Owner and is responsible for all the business related activities / functions within the project team.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business or related field; project management and/or general business management, or equivalent related experience. PM training and certification desirable, but not required.
- Five or more years of project management experience, with precision focus on solving complex business problems within shared services and/or business units.
- Demonstrated experience in seeking process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle EBS
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully utilizing "soft skills" or "people skills"
- Familiar with project management methodologies (e.g., PMBOK and Agile), and knowledge of project planning tools like Microsoft Projects, Agile One/ JIRA
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing internal expectations
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 12 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.