Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Purpose of the Position: Provide project management for capital projects. This includes development of project scope and budget, determining and securing project team members, and obtaining project funding. Overall responsibility for the ensuring the project’s compliance with schedule, cost, safety, and other project specific deliverables such as those associated with product quality, equipment and process capability, machine and line rates, equipment uptime, etc.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of project team resources. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Identifies and drives key decisions for such things as design, schedule, spending, vendor selection, etc.
- Plans and directs schedules and budgets. Responsible for the project’s cost control and spending approval, this includes change order approval and scope change management.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
- Regularly interfaces with receivers and other key stakeholders.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
Travel Requirements (please note if international):
International travel may be required. Up to 50% travel likely at times
RequiredEducation and Yes of Experience:
- Technical Bachelors required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in industry or in a related field
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess):
- Project Management
- Conflict resolution, problem resolution and priority setting
- Matrix Team Leadership
- Manage a multi-million dollar budget and forecast spending
- Time Management, able to deal with multiple priorities
Desired Skills (These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess):
- Technical skills associated with automation and the integration of equipment
- Manufacturing experience
- Project Management certification
Req #: 1026