SUMMARY: Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated project to ensure that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, project procedures, staffing requirements, and available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project; arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan, assign duties/responsibilities and authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure work progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports from project personnel and modifies schedules/plans as needed.
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of governmental agencies and subcontractors.
- Understand and is able to analyze and execute CPM-based project schedules.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Manage Project Engineers, Superintendents and Foremen who supervise construction employees; charged with overall direction, coordination and evaluation of team.
- Supervise according to policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing/hiring; training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding/disciplining; addressing complaints/resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree
- More than 10 years related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Able to present information and respond effectively to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of database, spreadsheet, word processing, internet and cost/project controls software (Viewpoint or similar).
- Understanding of Primavera and other scheduling software, as well as owner database and collaboration systems.
- Design-build and/or construction management certifications, professional licensing, other certificates related to construction, quality and safety.
- Manage team to ensure project's goals/objectives are met.
Corman Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.