The PM will oversee budgets & cost controls, clearly define scopes of work, and ensure brand compliance. The PM must be able to develop schedules and project controls, and oversee all construction activities and any other compliance processes to complete projects within committed and approved targets. The PM must take ownership of the project process and must be able to identify, validate and mitigate project risk.
The PM will take each project from inception to final turnover, managing all engaged consultants, and developing and monitoring scope, schedule, budget and quality for compliance with company standards, brand standards and project specifications. The PM will manage the qualification, bidding and award of all internal and external vendors and contractors required for the successful implementation and completion of the project.
The PM will provide accurate and timely reporting to the Team Leader as well as communicating critical schedule and cost details within the cross-functional team while maintaining adequate documentation for audit requirements. This position requires a positive attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment. The PM must be leader and be able to express authority and see that all project management responsibilities are carried out properly and expeditiously.
- Ensure that the project scope is clearly defined, and that the project budget and timeline align with the scope for a successful project delivery.
- Secure all necessary building permits and approvals.
- Schedule all assigned internal and external business partners, prepare requisitions and verify specifications, quantities and takeoffs.
- Inspect all work in progress including a comprehensive review of the design package for compliance and constructability to insure quality of end deliverable and adherence to brand standards.
- Manage bid development and approval process through a traditional competitive bid process for consultants, vendors and contractors.
- Respond to Requests for Information.
- Review product submittals and shop drawings.
- Interface with architects, designers, government entities, resort managers, FF&E vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Prepare and maintain weekly project schedules.
- Oversee ordering of all FF&E (furniture, fixtures, and equipment) for Development projects assigned by working closely with the procurement department.
- Ensure all deliverables and milestones are communicated to the necessary stakeholders.
- Review and approve for execution Project Management Agreements, Contracts, Pay Applications, Change Orders, Change Directives, Amendments and maintain current tracking logs for each.
- Track status of assigned projects as it relates to scope, schedule and budget and provide updates on a regular basis.
- Visit project sites on a regular basis to insure compliance with plans, specifications and construction schedules.
- Collaborate with resort operations to generate punch list and final acceptance of the project.
- Manage all Close-out and Turnover processes to resort operations and maintain contact with each resort thru the warranty period.
- Engineering, Architectural or Construction Management Degree with a minimum of five years construction experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Experience building and renovating in the Hotel, Timeshare or Multi-Family Resort Fields is preferred.
- Knowledge in all aspects of construction and renovation, including: architectural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural design.
- The ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Computer skills in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Project
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience with Primavera, Expedition or similar construction scheduling, estimating or management software.
- CADD skills a plus.
- PMP and/or LEED certification/experience a plus.