$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Sales / SBU AME / Project Management
Responsible for overall leadership, management and commercial success of wind turbine projects. Oversee all project execution activities from time contracts are secured to full operation of the project site and handover to service. Work closely with sales during contract negotiations prior to closing contracts, and logistics, engineering, construction site management and other support functions during project execution. Is overall accountable for meeting project targets.
• Initiates, plans, executes controls and closes all activities associated with project execution.
• Leads HSE efforts and serves as ambassador for an injury and incident free safety culture at the project site.
• Identifies all scope elements and is accountable for their timely delivery; identifies opportunities for accelerating critical milestones.
• Responsible for project execution within budget; identifies and exploits opportunities for cost savings.
• Overall customer responsibility serves as first point of contact to customer and is responsible for a relationship based on trust and co-operation, thus increasing customer loyalty.
• Successfully leads multi-disciplinary project team.
• Represents Vestas values and champions high standards in performance and integrity.
• Coaches, mentors and develops project team members.
• Manages contractors and vendors.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering or related field.
• Minimum 5 years wind industry or utility experience.
• Experience as estimator in EDP or BOP scope preferred.
• Strong familiarity with power generation language and key terminology.
• Proven performance in leading high performing teams and achieving results through others by coaching, mentoring and target setting.
• Demonstrated ability to set and manage large budgets and resources.
• Strong commercial acumen and understanding of financial impacts of decisions with respect to project budgets.
• Ability to build strong customer relationships and effectively negotiate with customers to resolve disputes and promote win-win solutions.
• Experience in working effectively with work groups across a global organization.
• Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making skills with balanced risk taking.
• Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and is capable of multi-tasking.
• Excellent English communications skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting management, presentation).
• Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) mandatory, MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Primavera Project Management preferred. SAP knowledge highly preferred.
• Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, hearing ability to use close range radios, visual acuity including depth perception, field of vision and the ability to distinguish between colors, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as needed, as well as hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Ability to climb ladders to heights of 60 to 100 meters.
• Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives.
Valid Through: 2019-10-29